Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Would You Rather - Heal a bad tank or...

• 768 posts
    July 8, 2019 2:42 AM PDT

That's an easy one; Tank with a bad healer. 

Since I'm usually a healer in games, it's very annoying to heal a bad tank. It takes out a lot of fun and depth out of my game session.

Sure it's nice to heal a glass cannon as tank and think, "yeah, I can do that". But that lay back experience of gaming isn't much fun after a while.

So I'd rather work my tankingskills of with a bad healer instead.

At least it provides me with a challenge and I can still throw in the towel (in all respect to all parties present at the time) if that healer or the group in general wants to tackle something that I know the healer can't handle.

(Mind you, I would inform the healer by private tell about my decision.)

I'll suggest something else in order to keep the group together and still go adventuring as a team elsewhere, where the risk is reasonably high.

• 20 posts
    November 21, 2019 11:30 PM PST

Im going to say, as a decent Healer i would take a bad tnk, thats my only option in this case.  But i want to say that when i started playing healer, it was on Ragnarok online, there was no threat systems, generally first too hit gain the agro, and only the swordsman type classes had a provoke to take agro back... I also as an 1st stage class (acolytle) i was insanly aware fo my mana issues, acos had no regen, and a tiny man pool.. you had to hotkey several levsdl of your heal so as not to wast mna and mainly relay on lvl 1 (out of 10 in heal level)... when you got to advnced cass the priest, you mana pool went through the roof, and you got some nice regen. it make me lazy not caring about mna wastage

Later i played a PvP centric game, i dont even remeber its name, but i felt like i ws the best healer ever to grace the mmo stage.  What an arrogant mindset, and i quickly learned this game introduced too me new mechnics like multiple situational healing skills.  and cooldown timers... the 1st time i actually grouped someone said :"oh god another useless healer, wastes mana, uses heals and screws up the cooldowns.. It was a real lesson for me. I learned pacing, agro mangement and the mana management.  I went on over the months i played to become one of the more desired healers in that game.  It felt good, but i never got a big head over it this time round

I recall a high level assassin type greifer that while he never murdered the healers outright, he used to love pulling so many mobs that the healer would inevitably become overworked, blow all the cooldowns too quickly and after time, then entire group would invararibly wipe.  I am proud when i say he never cuased a wipe too the premadegroup i always played with, they were al good players of thier roles and classes, and i knew i could trust in my team and confidence in my personal ability. this griefer went on to become a good friend of mine. finding respect for me for holding up against the onsluaght for hours sometimes.  

And i dont know why i rambled on for so long. lol, nostalgia i tell you.  

This post was edited by MushyMel at November 21, 2019 11:36 PM PST
    • 520 posts
    November 22, 2019 7:34 AM PST

I never tank so it's not even a choice for me, but even if it was I'd still prefer to heal a bad tank - even if the only thing he do is auto-attack and spam Taunt, the rest of the party can do the job usually, but tank without heal (esp in critical moments) can only do so much (staying in lower level zones, which frequently can be done without tank altogether).

• 145 posts
    November 22, 2019 10:17 AM PST
    I think now I would use the opportunity to teach either the tank or healer how to become better at their class if I had the knowledge to do so
    • VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    November 22, 2019 11:13 AM PST
    Heal a bad tank all day long!
    • 220 posts
    November 22, 2019 3:58 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Would You Rather - Heal a bad tank or tank with a bad healer? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

im a bit more lenient and a bit more tolerant when it comes to bad tank or healers...it dosent bother me much like most players.

I tend to help them setup their hot bars and give them tips and advices. I dont kick bad players out of my group if i make one. Only those that cant stand them always leave and im force to look for more member but thats just downtime for training.