Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Would You Rather - Heal a bad tank or...

• 9115 posts
    June 27, 2019 4:09 AM PDT

Would You Rather - Heal a bad tank or tank with a bad healer? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 73 posts
    June 27, 2019 4:24 AM PDT

I would rather heal a bad tank. I feel like it would at least give me a little control of the outcome.

I actually game with a person, a friend, who is really bad at most games. When I can stomach the frustration, I accept the challenge. They keep you on your toes and make you a better team player. It's kind of like exercising with a sandbag(or 3) around your waste. 

• 216 posts
    June 27, 2019 4:35 AM PDT

I'd rather heal a bad tank, hope that someone else in the party can pull for the tank and make the tanks life as easy as posible.

• 107 posts
    June 27, 2019 5:14 AM PDT
    Heal a bad tank. Good or bad, the Healer shouldn't be tanking. Ha!
    • 1315 posts
    June 27, 2019 5:28 AM PDT

I would rather tank with a bad healer than heal a bad tank.  As the tank I can control the flow of battle and if need be pull.  With careful pacing you can adapt to a poor healer but a bad tank will wipe your group in a heartbeat.

• 46 posts
    June 27, 2019 5:31 AM PDT

If it means I can finally play Pantheon, I can accept both!

• 23 posts
    June 27, 2019 5:34 AM PDT

I'll take the bad tank. At least that can be covered by the rest of the group, a garbage healer that ninja afks or complete heals at 80% hp for no reason I can deal without.

• 206 posts
    June 27, 2019 6:11 AM PDT

I'd rather have a bad healer because a Tank can conrol the groups pace for however bad the healer is. The tank can wait for a healer to catch their breath or w/e, but if you have a bad tank, then you could get the group into trouble by overpulling and wiping the group.

• 206 posts
    June 27, 2019 6:31 AM PDT

WOW. @Trasak i just read your comment. I swear i didnt copy it at all. Great minds.....

• 1785 posts
    June 27, 2019 7:14 AM PDT

Trasak and Valorous1 have my answer :)

• 1315 posts
    June 27, 2019 7:34 AM PDT

@Val

Wow that is almost word for word.  I wonder if it is a sign of a specific play style.  When pulling as a monk in EQ I always tried to make the healer and enchanters mana cry but no one ever actually die.

This post was edited by Trasak at June 27, 2019 7:35 AM PDT
    • 372 posts
    June 27, 2019 8:05 AM PDT

I face this question all the time in Overwatch so I can answer swiftly with:   Heal a bad tank.      

I love tanking and would do it all the time but a lack of support sours me more than anything so, rather than complain, I take up the role from time to time.  More often than I'd like to be honest.

• 2419 posts
    June 27, 2019 8:32 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Would You Rather - Heal a bad tank or tank with a bad healer? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Oh, heal a bad tank, definitely. I'm the healer so I know what I can and cannot do to affect the outcome even with a bad tank. Bad healers are far more dangerous to a group than a bad tank.

• 388 posts
    June 27, 2019 8:49 AM PDT

I will be a cleric in Pantheon so, i guess I will be healing the bad tank. I think I am pretty good at healing. I have been doing it for 20 years. I am a lev 60+ cleric right now on new TLP EQ servers. 

I think a lot of people would move on after seeing the tank isn't great. maybe this could be an opportunity for the group to help TEACH the tank how to do a few basics to at least be OK instead of bad.

of course all of this depends on level. I can heal a low level tank and know that he may be new at tanking and deal with it. but if we are all Level 45 and that tank STILL sucks. I am out lol.  

• 206 posts
    June 27, 2019 9:38 AM PDT

@Trasak coincidentally, I mained a monk in EQ. 

It may have something to do with being a puller class.

This post was edited by Valorous1 at June 27, 2019 9:38 AM PDT
    • 1315 posts
    June 27, 2019 10:05 AM PDT

Valorous1 said:

@Trasak coincidentally, I mained a monk in EQ. 

It may have something to do with being a puller class.

*Monk laughs as the healer and tank argue who is worse as he dumps just the right mob on the group at just the right moment and sagely says*

“Control is an illusion and placing blame only leaves you with your hand pointing out” . . . “Now shut up and tank this before the next one mysteriously shows up, and you sit down and med till his health bar hits 50%!!”

Really though, being a good puller required much higher zone and system mastery than EQ era tanking or healing which was basically just button spamming.  WoW at least seemed to have some form of tactical tanking and healing before they easy-moded everything but the pull was still often the key decider.

• 1584 posts
    June 27, 2019 10:06 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Heal a bad tank, you could try to savage being a healer, but if you healer is bad than you as a tank couldn't do much about it and the grp suffers, plus usually tanking is far easier than healing so there that as well.

• 1428 posts
    June 27, 2019 10:54 AM PDT

healing has higher skill gap.

• 219 posts
    June 27, 2019 10:58 AM PDT

I would rather go Scuba Diving then beat my head against the keyboard for hours in either situation.

• 1428 posts
    June 27, 2019 11:09 AM PDT

Pyde said:

I would rather go Scuba Diving then beat my head against the keyboard for hours in either situation.

i hope you are prepared to have your posts deleted like i am XD i might get banned at this rate >.>

• 429 posts
    June 27, 2019 11:58 AM PDT

Neither or Either both will do if I can test the game lol :)

• 888 posts
    June 27, 2019 12:08 PM PDT
    Technically, if you have a bad tank, you're healing yourself. And the DPS. And the CC'er. And possibly AFK people who aren't in your team and were nowhere near the spawn when it was first aggro'd. If the tank is taking all the damage, they're accomplishing their primary responsibility.
    • 888 posts
    June 27, 2019 12:20 PM PDT
    But to answer the spirit of the question, I would rather try to help someone who is bad than rely upon that person.
    • 372 posts
    June 27, 2019 12:22 PM PDT

Counterfleche said: But to answer the spirit of the question, I would rather try to help someone who is bad than rely upon that person.

You forgot to tell us tank or heal! 8)

• 627 posts
    June 27, 2019 1:24 PM PDT
    I have trust in My healing abilities to heal anyone to a degree where everyone and the grp will funktion. Of i have to work hard, ill work hard :)