Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“Crafting and the Community” w/ Pantheon Radio

• 259 posts
    June 25, 2019 6:53 AM PDT

On this weeks “Crafting and the Community” we are spotlighting community member “Pantheon Radio”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to "Pantheon Radio@Pantheon_Radio" for taking the time to answer these few questions for us. Be sure to check out Pantheon Radio here:

On Twitter

And on Pantheon Radio

Remember to check back each week as we spotlight a different community member.

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

I'm more of an adventuring type, however in Pantheon I do plan to craft more; especially if the crafting system is good.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

Everquest 1, crafting arrows which was vital for a ranger and ofc I crafted my EPIC swords which was probably the most intense crafting moment in a MMO.

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

I actually enjoyed the crafting in EQ2 it felt involving and alive, the engineering crafting in warcraft was also quite interesting. It is however difficult to pin point a favorite, cooking is another good one as you get to sit by a lake and fish then cook something tasty afterwards!,  In all something that could benefit my class the guild or help bring in some gold will likely be the one I lean towards.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

I'm certainly looking forward to all the crafting systems coming together, I hope they add in some good animations also.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

I believe crafting should be very important in Pantheon, it is after all; one of the core ingredients to a MMORPG. It should be as rewarding, not too complicated, each item should have a signature so people can see the origin, however most importantly it should be made fun.

• 23 posts
    June 28, 2019 8:35 AM PDT

better crafting system was in EQ1 .... at the beguinning we could fail and hurt ourself  and this sytem to prvent to have 10000000000000 vendors to sell 10000000000 same armor set or jewels

just make a system to slow down the production to make armor and jewels more powerfull i means really useful

in EQ1 at the beguinning a ring +1 str made the difference  ...same with armor with AC

• 259 posts
    June 28, 2019 9:17 AM PDT

I agree 100%. I hope they take the best of EQ1 and then add the best of all other games along with the devs creative ideas and we end up with the best crafting system ever seen in an MMORPG.

This post was edited by Shyin at June 28, 2019 9:21 AM PDT