Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Spells effected by stat modifiers?

• 1584 posts
    June 21, 2019 9:17 AM PDT

Had an interesting thought well talking about race/class combinations I was wondering about spells effected by the stats you have, now I'm not really talking about just simply  DD spells or DoTs but more like a the buffs the classes can give like maybe a druid who can give a melee buff that is influenced through your strength modifier so like a ogre could be great at giving out these kinds of buffs but also have another buff let's say it their HP/AC buff bit it's effected by wisdom, along with maybe other things that could be effect by other checks.

What I like a lot about this is that it makes it really hard to have a meta in the game yes to a point they will be certain races that will highly influence certain spells better but with it that also fall short to other races in another line of spells to balance it out.

It also makes it to where I believe it would make people look far deeper into the character they are trying to make and realize it's not just starting stats, or passive/active traits you have to think about but also how your race also depicts what spells will be your strong suit or not in favor in as well 

This post was edited by Cealtric at June 21, 2019 9:20 AM PDT
    • 411 posts
    June 21, 2019 9:24 AM PDT

In the event that we are limited in the amount of buffs we can toss out - I love this idea. I think it would be awesome to introduce off-specs focused around a certain line of buffs.

If we can toss out infinite buffs (mana permitting) - I hate this idea. It would probably result in having every shaman carry around 3 different gear sets to swap into right before they cast out the corresponding buff line to their group/raid.

Either way, fun thought experiment :)

• 1584 posts
    June 21, 2019 9:35 AM PDT

Ainadak said:

In the event that we are limited in the amount of buffs we can toss out - I love this idea. I think it would be awesome to introduce off-specs focused around a certain line of buffs.

If we can toss out infinite buffs (mana permitting) - I hate this idea. It would probably result in having every shaman carry around 3 different gear sets to swap into right before they cast out the corresponding buff line to their group/raid.

Either way, fun thought experiment :)

Hmm this is a great point in wasn't thinking so much about the different set of gear and all that hmm, maybe instead it being stat based it's race based that way the multiple sets wouldn't be needed and it would still hold value and maybe increase effectiveness through some vertical and horizontal progression? Or have it based line it doesn't really matter to me.  As for infinite buffs I kinda wish their is a cap but I don't know how many buffs their will be so hard to say what the cap should be

• 191 posts
    June 21, 2019 9:46 AM PDT

I like where your head's at Riahuf22, but I think the Living Codex is a more elegant system for getting the gameplay that you're after.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/living_codex/

• 1584 posts
    June 21, 2019 9:49 AM PDT

Shai said:

I like where your head's at Riahuf22, but I think the Living Codex is a more elegant system for getting the gameplay that you're after.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/living_codex/

That is actually very awesome, I don't know how I haven't seen that before thanks Shai for showing me that and does definitely do what I was trying to accomplish in a much different way, posibly even better.  Thanks again Shai.

• 1714 posts
    June 21, 2019 11:18 AM PDT

Isn't this already a thing?