Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Inverted Y-axis Support

• 32 posts
    June 18, 2019 8:20 PM PDT

I know this option is, not usually but, sometimes overlooked during game development. For me personally, after using it for almost 20 years now, I am too old and too set in my ways to change :) Please don't forget about us minorities and our weird ways.

Sorry if this has been addressed. I searched the forums and came up with no hits.

• 1404 posts
    June 18, 2019 8:38 PM PDT

Is this the same question as brought up by the OP in the Southpaw! thread?

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/10739/southpaw

• 560 posts
    June 18, 2019 9:03 PM PDT

I do not think is has anything to do with left or right handed. I am sure there are many reasons but when ever I see the option in games, I think of flight simulators.

Y axis is up and down, X axis is left and right. Invert means you press the stick in the opposite direction you want to look in. so up is down, down is up.

• 32 posts
    June 18, 2019 11:33 PM PDT
    No, I'm not left handed. What Starlight has said is correct. My problem goes way back to the early days of playing Top Gun on the original Nintendo. My first MMO was EQ 20 years ago and it felt more natural to me when playing.
    • 209 posts
    June 19, 2019 9:30 AM PDT

I totally second this. I have a terrible time playing any game without inverting the Y axis. Most mmos I've played have had an option for this, so I'm expecting (and really hoping) Pantheon will as well.

• 2041 posts
    June 20, 2019 11:47 AM PDT

I can remember being in some game where the default setting was the reverse of what I 'intuitively' expected and it definitely was a nuisance to work with until I figured out how to change the setting. I hope VR includes it.

It also seems like a Quality of Life improvement that one would have difficulty arguing against, no matter how 'make it hard-core' one's point of view is. Hopefully it will be a trivial bit of coding to include.

• 560 posts
    June 20, 2019 3:02 PM PDT

@Jothany

You know it is not too late. Back in the day people used to use the number pad instead of the mouse and it definitely was more hard core.

• 1714 posts
    June 20, 2019 3:35 PM PDT

If they don't have support there's software that will do it for you. Weirdo. 

• 172 posts
    June 21, 2019 8:25 AM PDT
    @zorkon dont let it confuse you