Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 372 posts
    June 14, 2019 8:27 PM PDT

Jothany said:

I would just like to point out to VR that an unexpected email that claims to be from Pantheonmmo.com - but doesn't know my real name or my forum handle - AND has a blind link it wants me to click AND shows up in my email client as coming from

"noreply-support@pantheonmmo.com via SurveyMonkey" member[at]surveymonkeyuser.com

looks exactly like the kind of phishing email that regularly winds up infecting people's computers with malware if they are careless enough to click on the link.

PLEASE, for the sake of your players, announce something like this in advance. (or put your link in the monthly newsletter or on the forums) AND tell your members to not click on stuff like this unless they have already heard that it's legitimate.

I agree that it would have been cool to get a heads up. Baz questioned it on Twitter.. and VR clarified to Baz on Twitter.. and then Baz talked with Mr. Schlow who updated him.. but I mean I guess they expect us to click anything that mentions Pantheon or VR.. and their presumption seems correct.  Haha.

edit: now that I think about it.. I wonder if there are other forums they're using.  I see scattered mentions of new forums, pre-alpha testers and I see some devs no longer post here. Maybe they're posting somewhere else?   /foilhat

This post was edited by Tigersin at June 14, 2019 8:31 PM PDT
    • 454 posts
    June 14, 2019 8:29 PM PDT

I would just mention that this was not the first email from survey monkey for VR.

• 372 posts
    June 14, 2019 8:33 PM PDT

Questaar said:

I would just mention that this was not the first email from survey monkey for VR.

It will be exactly that for many people.

• 3852 posts
    June 15, 2019 7:24 AM PDT

It is the first survey I have seen here - I thought a few times about whether it was safe to click on and finally did because I knew VR was considering the topic.

• 752 posts
    June 15, 2019 7:55 AM PDT
    I am not a fan of figurines and such personally, but i hope that they do offer something along those lines. I would probably be more interested in wallpapers and official art or fan art. I just dont like clutter. So i hope that my answers didnt skew the survey too far off.
    • 99 posts
    June 15, 2019 4:20 PM PDT
    I just want to buy a paper or cloth map of the world. Kinda like the one that came in the EQ box. Helped me keep my directions with no in game map would pin it on my wall and use it as reference.
    • 287 posts
    June 16, 2019 3:26 PM PDT
    I want a hat and shirt to help me preach pantheon to the world. "What's pantheon?"

Pull up a chair and let's talk.
    • 752 posts
    June 17, 2019 10:40 AM PDT
    Oh shirts and hats, yes please. Merchandise like that i hope is a no brainer.
    • 388 posts
    June 17, 2019 11:02 AM PDT

got the survey. i want merch. T shirt etc to adv. Pantheon