Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In One Word...

• 413 posts
    June 14, 2019 3:52 PM PDT

Depends

• 411 posts
    June 14, 2019 4:49 PM PDT

Grindy. Excessively and unnecessarily grindy.

The notion that you should have a system that takes 40 people being bored for 80%+ of their time is absurd to me. I want raiding to be short, sweet, and intensely challenging, not a burdensome time commitment.

I know that games like this require grinding and part of me loves that aspect. There's a simple pleasure in strapping down and doing the work to improve your character. If you're grinding in a group then you can have a good socializing time while you're at it. There's absolutely no pleasure for me in clearing raid trash for hours every night, which is made unbearable by having this boring time on a rigid schedule.

If raids in Pantheon are packed with time sinks like in MMOs past and are a overbearing scheduling burden, then I won't take part more than once or twice.

• 264 posts
    June 14, 2019 5:29 PM PDT

Teamwork. IMO one word is not enough to describe raiding though lol.

• 521 posts
    June 14, 2019 8:37 PM PDT

Nightmare

• 752 posts
    June 15, 2019 7:48 AM PDT
    My one word is also Depends.

To elaborate: i have been in good raids and didnt have fun. I have had crappy raids and had way too much fun.

My second word would be People. Or Community.

It was always the people that made it fun. The content being engaging was helpful, but in the end i played the mmorpg to play with people. If i wanted solo games or solo content i would play games geared towards that.
    • 89 posts
    June 15, 2019 5:20 PM PDT

I have to agree with all the mixed/depends and similar responses.

Raiding done right while playing with a good group is all kinds of fun, raiding done wrong or with a bad group is just uggggggggghh.

• 8 posts
    June 15, 2019 5:47 PM PDT

gout

• 65 posts
    June 15, 2019 6:14 PM PDT

Divorce. 

If raids take over my life, I could lose my wife. 

• 74 posts
    June 15, 2019 6:17 PM PDT

Reward - what I want and hope

Poopsock - how things should not be

• 7 posts
    June 15, 2019 7:48 PM PDT

Favorite

• 287 posts
    June 16, 2019 3:19 PM PDT
    Greed
    • 1019 posts
    June 17, 2019 6:49 PM PDT

Love

• 646 posts
    June 17, 2019 8:50 PM PDT

Fun.

• 106 posts
    June 17, 2019 9:58 PM PDT

Orginization: Being part of an Organization, A guild, Incorporate and Assimilate. 

Examples
    In the looking-glass world of big corporates we treat important things differently. Now they're held by big corporates, and often extended beyond the lifetime of the product. Obviously corporates will be allowed to fly their banners and flags to mark off their piece of the battleground. For corporates, that means quality investment-grade debt, and maybe asset-backed securities. As a hotelier, he feels corporates must be alive and awake to the social and environmental problems plaguing the nation. Among the big corporates, the likely winners are already identifiable as environmental problems plaguing the nation.
    Among the big corporates, the likely winners are already identifiable as transport and tourism.

This post was edited by munge at June 17, 2019 10:00 PM PDT
    • 1247 posts
    June 17, 2019 11:33 PM PDT

Essential:) #communitymatters 

This post was edited by Syrif at June 17, 2019 11:34 PM PDT
    • 73 posts
    June 18, 2019 7:44 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

In One Word - Describe your feelings towards Raiding? #MMORPG #communitymatters

Eager

• 409 posts
    June 19, 2019 10:45 AM PDT

Annoying

• 209 posts
    June 20, 2019 10:42 AM PDT

Ambivalent

I like the challenge of raiding, but would rather not do anything with that many people. In my experience, when the raid size gets above 10 or so people, things start degenerating, both organizationally and socially. I'd generally rather play with a smaller group.

• 46 posts
    June 20, 2019 10:51 AM PDT

Distracting

Too many people focus on Raiding, and rush headlong to get to the point where they can drop the rest of the game and focus on this one small aspect of it. Raiding endlessly until there is nothing left for them to raid then complaing that the game is boring/dead. Until the next expansion comes out with lots of content, that they again rush past to start the cycle all over again. All the while putting undue rush on the developers to put out new material (sometimes before it is truely ready), so they don't loose money as the hardcore raiders jump ship to chase the next big raid.

In the end, it seems they pass by most of the "meat and potatoes" of the game, to gorge themselves on dessert. 

• 2036 posts
    June 20, 2019 3:01 PM PDT

Ambivalent.

(When reading the several posts where the answer was 'Depends', I have to say that a TOTALLY different idea flashed in my mind than was meant by the authors. What came to me was an image of people I've heard about who go to great lengths to be able to stay 'at the keyboard' for however many hours it takes to complete a Raid of epic length and difficulty.

Nuff said...)

• 107 posts
    June 23, 2019 4:37 PM PDT
    Exaggerated.
    • 432 posts
    June 24, 2019 9:18 AM PDT

Aging

I would have said "end of fun" but it is not 1 word . After a period of excitement , discovery , socializing and exploration comes in every single MMORPG there ever was the period of raiding . I have seen it 2 times on EQ progression servers in the last 3 years (and dozens of times before) and it always made me sad because it meant that the game became too old  . During this period people log in only for raiding so that the real fun of discovering , doing random things , grouping , dungeon delving gradually disappears .

What's left is a kind of unpleasant routine : "Damned it's Wednesday and already 20:00 . I must log in for the weekly raid ." Of course there is the initial discovery of raids during the first years of youth of a game but it transforms fast in a boring , grindy routine . When I feel it coming , I know that it is time to leave the game and do something else .

• 10 posts
    June 25, 2019 3:33 AM PDT
    Restrictive

I have enjoyed raiding at times. What I have found is that I have only ever enjoyed it when that game has been a major portion of my life. It demands a set schedule typically, time invested both in being present, and prep work (in game or out of game reading strata / watching videos). Personally I haven't ever done raiding in a game successfully where it didn't become the dominating factor for that game as well as a major factor in my life.

With my life now I don't have that option so I doubt it's something I will get to experience unless it feels very different from the previous experiences I have had.
    • 1860 posts
    June 25, 2019 3:56 AM PDT
    Rewarding
    • 200 posts
    June 25, 2019 7:36 AM PDT
    Depends for me as well. With the right people it can be very fun. But even in that optimal scenario I don’t want to feel ‘stuck’ doing the same routine week after week several days a week. I want my game time to be pretty much my own when I feel like it, and then do what I feel like doing.

In that sense I feel I’m too old, lazy, selfish and casual to really worry about it :).