Forums » The Druid

The only thing I don't like...

• 1 posts
    June 12, 2019 5:41 AM PDT

is that the druid epic passive is to always have the storm buff.  If the plan is to have that become permanent and then some other buff/effect on top during storms, that's fine.  In my mind the druid should have something change during a storm, it's such a cool idea, for that aspect to be lost when you complete your epic quest would be a shame. 
    I should add that I love basically every other idea I've seen for this game, I'd only post something like this because I care how this game turns out.  I basically don't play any video games anymore because the capitalistic incentive has really just removed everything I like about games from the industry.  So keep making this game with the right intent.  Thanks.

• 467 posts
    June 12, 2019 6:46 AM PDT

You're fine - share your opinion here.  Welcome to the forums (even if you've been here awhile).  It's a reasonable concern.  I even agree with it. That said, they will have other abilities that elevate the class. Wandering Stones is the best example; "And perhaps there is even more to these stones than most realize..."

• 138 posts
    June 13, 2019 7:07 PM PDT

Still don’t understand Druid teleport, it isn’t a natural force that can be channeled (unless you get all subatomic and ‘spooky behavior at a distance’) but that seems less like the domain of a Druid and more Arcane and Wizardly to me.

But, EQ had it so... whatever.

Not my idea of a Druid, but they didn’t ask me ;-)

• 2353 posts
    June 14, 2019 10:20 AM PDT

Grayel said:

Still don’t understand Druid teleport, it isn’t a natural force that can be channeled (unless you get all subatomic and ‘spooky behavior at a distance’) but that seems less like the domain of a Druid and more Arcane and Wizardly to me.

Druids have had a form of teleport since the first edition of AD&D. 

Transport Via Plants (Alteration)
    Level: 6 Components: V, S Range: Touch Casting Time: 3 segments Duration: Special Saving Throw: None Area of Effect: Special

Explanation/Description:

By means of this spell, the druid is able to enter any large plant and pass any distance to a plant of the same species in a single round regardless of the distance separating the two. The entry plant must be alive. The destination plant need not be familiar to the druid, but it also must be alive. If the druid is uncertain of the destination plant, he or she need merely determines direction and distance, and the Transport Via Plants spell will move him or her as near as possible to the desired location. There is a basic 20% chance, reduced 1% per level of experience of the druid, that the transport will deliver the druid to an allied species of plant from 1 to 100 miles removed from the desired destination plant. If a particular destination plant is desired, but the plant is not living, the spell fails, and the druid must come forth from the entrance plant within 24 hours. Harm to a plant housing a druid can affect the druid

• 138 posts
    June 18, 2019 6:01 PM PDT

@Iksar, I know. I played D&D, then AD&D.  

Plant based movement, never liked it but at least it tried to be nature-based. 

Seems to have evolved into something much more arcane, which I disagree with. 

But hey, we’ll see what VR’s spin on these Standing Stones is, eh?

• 21 posts
    July 5, 2019 8:07 PM PDT

Grayel said:

It's a little tricky judging what is and isn't "natural" for a druid. A lot of what a Wizard or Summoner does could be considered natural, and therefore the domain of druids, if we wanted to think of it that way. Hurling fire, lightning, cold? Natural. Anything we compare against has to be within Terminus' lore where "natural" is assisted by gods giving duids pet foxes.

Our world is full of places people have designated as "natural" places of oddity. We have a place here in China where due to the horizon view behind a certain hilly area, it appears things can roll uphill on their own. Bermuda Triangle (or any of the other "triangles")? Superstition Mountains? Terminus takes it a step further and has places that are for some reason attuned to each other and druids figured out how to use this attunement.

• 20 posts
    July 10, 2019 8:10 PM PDT

Druid teleport seems to be based off of a more modernization of celtic mythology sort of like how the druid class itself is a more modern take on the actual historical druids. Basically the idea is theres another world, a sort of spirit realm and that worlds geography and even flow of time is usually pretty squirrely so if you know what youre doing you can cheat and take shortcuts through those lands. Its usually associated with henges and the like so it wouldnt surprise me if the druid circles in eq were just a shorthand for that concept of travelling to another world to cross great distances in a short amount of time.

• 228 posts
    July 28, 2019 1:33 AM PDT

CorpseTornado said:

is that the druid epic passive is to always have the storm buff.  If the plan is to have that become permanent and then some other buff/effect on top during storms, that's fine.  In my mind the druid should have something change during a storm, it's such a cool idea, for that aspect to be lost when you complete your epic quest would be a shame. 

The way I read that ability description was that you still would only have the buff during a storm, but would keep it indoors as well as outdoors, as long as there was a storm in the area. However, it is worded kind of strangely, so it's hard to tell for sure. I agree that it would be disappointing if it became just a permanent buff with no regard to the presence of a storm. Not that I'd be opposed to a permanent buff if they felt Druids needed one...but I'd like to see an extra bonus when a storm is nearby that isn't there otherwise. Just way cooler that way. :)

This post was edited by Gyldervane at July 28, 2019 1:37 AM PDT
    • 10 posts
    August 7, 2019 5:51 PM PDT

Could think of the druid as being a basic form of magic, maybe a more natural form of it, before being studied and enhanced to create or shape things closer to what a wizard or Summoner uses. If you think of the Druid being a starting point of magic that would have been drawn in from the surroundings, that would include the fire, and lighting we see, but also the natural energies of the land, weather they be a tree's energy or a rare stones ability to absorb magic around them, all as a natually occuring event. Could even go as far as everything is alive to the druid, thus has a natural energy that it can sense or use. (except undead of course, as that is TOTALLY unNATURAL!!!! =P