Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Recent impressions people have of Classic WoW

• 384 posts
    May 22, 2019 7:17 AM PDT

Have y'all seen any of the feedback people have been giving about WoW Classic?  Now that the beta has started there have been a lot of impression videos released and almost everyone I've seen has mentioned how much fun they are having. You know why? Because of community(!), effot required(!), challenge(!), lack of map markers showing them where to go, immersion, etc....  There are so many people craving that sort of experience and so many who have never even tried it they didn't know what they were missing. People WANT an actual MMORPG not an rpg (in name only) that you happen to have to play while being online.

It bodes well for Pantheon. I think (I hope) they can catch the wave at just the right time.

Just a thought. Onward and upward!

• 206 posts
    May 22, 2019 9:38 AM PDT

Nice post. Yeah, I have been hoping that they catch the wave at a good time too, maybe Pantheon Alpha/Beta will be ready by the time the flair of Classic WoW falls off. *crosses fingers* 

• 839 posts
    May 22, 2019 7:37 PM PDT

Yeah, I think your right Mal & Val!  I came across a video recommended by youtube which was a guy saying everything he had been saying to his followers (prior to beta) were reasons he thought classic wow would not be good are now the exact reasons he cant wait to log back on each time.  All his cited features are things Pantheon will have in spades!  I thought this was a fantastic sign of things to come re Pantheon's potential subscription numbers!  

Damn I cant wait for Pantheon... Go VR, bring it home! :)

• 4 posts
    May 23, 2019 2:27 AM PDT

I followed a lot of streams since beta gameplay was on Twitch, and as you said they were having a blast leveling,questing, micro managing item stats although they were low level etc.

Had many reactions in their chats aswell and I talked to many people who told me  "This will be nice till Pantheon tbh" which I agree. I will quench my thirst a little for a decent MMO experience with WoW- Classic and remember some old times I spent in that world but Pantheon will be amazing! 

• 844 posts
    May 23, 2019 11:11 AM PDT

Except for all the players in the classic beta reporting functions and features as bugs. Sounds like they have no idea.

Especially since 'classic' wow was simply a straight copy of EQ1, DaoC, and AC. Dumbed down and instanced of course.

• 384 posts
    May 23, 2019 11:36 AM PDT
    Lol I saw that, zew. They had to make a list of features that were working as intended to try and cut down on people reporting then as bugs. One of them being "Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap."

I suppose it should have, but it never even occurred to me that someone new to a game like Pantheon might come in and perceive something like the lack of a mini map or quest tracker as a bug.

Oh and it wasn't dumbed down, it was streamlined and made more accessable. ;)
    • 4 posts
    May 24, 2019 2:43 AM PDT

Malsirian said: Lol I saw that, zew. They had to make a list of features that were working as intended to try and cut down on people reporting then as bugs. One of them being "Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap."

That was funny to see actually, many of them looked for websites - "alt+tab"ing all the time instead of reading very few lines of quest text.

And I agree with zew, it was simplified copy of EQ1 (I mean even the skill increase lines are the same exact blue color). However allowing Add-ons to track your questing, your progress, helping you with even dungeon boss fights, that really harmed the game itself over the years. I believe it also brought down the player quality within the game.