Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

The Noobie Experience

• 416 posts
    May 16, 2019 12:39 PM PDT

A friend of mine, who has never played MMORPG’s before, expressed an interest after I had been talking to him about Pantheon. I told him the best way to get a feel for the type of game I was hoping for is to play EQ. I’ve been playing on the P99 servers for the past couple of weeks. My friend said he was willing to check it out and I jumped on the chance to bring him into the fold. A friend from P99 decided to join us, so we all rolled new toons, specifically choosing classes we were not familiar with. Our goal is to explore places we haven’t been. We are currently a Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter level 4 based in Butcherblock and play most evenings around 9pm pst. If there is a class you’ve never played and are curious about it or if, like me, you missed a lot of the group content in EQ and would like to see it, I encourage you to join us.

• 58 posts
    May 26, 2019 10:50 PM PDT

I've grouped with this lot a few times now.  It's been quite fun.  It's a striking contrast to return to a system where the interdependence of classes is intrigal to success, survival and advancement.

P99 is a great alternative while waiting for your alpha or beta invite!

• 416 posts
    May 26, 2019 11:32 PM PDT

Wyvernspur said:

I've grouped with this lot a few times now.  It's been quite fun.  It's a striking contrast to return to a system where the interdependence of classes is intrigal to success, survival and advancement.

P99 is a great alternative while waiting for your alpha or beta invite!

Hey Wyvernspur,

It's been great having you join us on P99 on our last few outtings. I certainly hope you'll continue the journey. Crushbone has been fun so far but I am also really looking forward to exploring farther afield,

Thorndeep