Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario (fictional)- You find yourself stranded

• 73 posts
    May 16, 2019 7:04 PM PDT

Well I would sit down and go through my packs first...No Overthere Hammer, no Gate potion, no levitate potion, no invisible potion, no guildmate around to evacuate me, does my camouflage work while swimming? Can I cast a de-aggro spell on myself like Harmony to reduce my aggro radius as well as cast it on mobs? Do I have enduring breathe spell or is it a special foraged kelp that allows me to swim under water for a period of time? Maybe I have a Fishbone earring...hmm. Let’s swim and explore! What can I find and forage along the way? I will try not to die...I will have fun exploring! If I don’t make it...Death is just a poor mans evac! Or I /shout “Hey...you porting out? Can I bum a ride. I got some foraged blue glow berries for trade, they boost your mana regen...May please the wife also.”

This post was edited by Soaren at May 16, 2019 7:30 PM PDT
    • 470 posts
    May 16, 2019 7:29 PM PDT

Flapp said:

I am going to swim and make it an adventure. it will be fun.

Rival guilds doesn't mean they are bad guys. Inner Circle and Havenlight used to race each other for everything, but I ressed a million Inner Circle even tho I was in Havenlight.  

May your adventure turn out better than mine. ;p

• 197 posts
    May 16, 2019 7:34 PM PDT

I would contact the rival guild. I may be in desperate need of an evac, but surely there is a deal to be made. Everyone wants something. If I have to pay through the nose, then so be it. I should be more careful about getting myself stranded on an island. Shame is temporary, losing life/gear/exp is forever. 

• 124 posts
    May 17, 2019 6:12 AM PDT

There is no rivalry if you ask me. It never hurts to ask, you always have the option to swim. Why make it hard on yourself?

This question is the equivelant of buying a TV in store or having it brought to you by postal services. One is a little more convenient than the other. In the end the goal is to get the TV, or in this case, get to shore. The road there is the adventure.

• 668 posts
    May 17, 2019 12:43 PM PDT

“Risk your gear...”??

This has me intrigued for sure.  It will make exploration that much more dangerous if this is indeed something to worry about.

I like to explore, I love every aspect of it, the discovery factor...  If I felt it is just too dangerous of a spot for now, I would make friends with the person who can port, duh!!  :) Or as others have stated, start working on that “swimming” skill.  

This post was edited by Pyye at May 17, 2019 12:44 PM PDT
    • 1785 posts
    May 18, 2019 6:48 AM PDT

My thought process:

1) Ugh, I fell off the boat again

2) What's on this island anyway?

3) (after some exploring) OMG, I can't wait to get these things back to town and... oh yeah, right

4) Hey, I wonder if I have everything I need here to build a boat

5) Hmm, I bet I can make it to that next island over on the horizon there

6) Go back to #2

A week later, I finally make it back to town.

• 29 posts
    May 18, 2019 8:13 AM PDT

I'll probably go wisp hunting for greater lightstones ;P

• 223 posts
    May 18, 2019 2:40 PM PDT

Hmm, many good points poste, I guess for me it would have to be how close I may be to leveling or what loot I am carrying :)

• 430 posts
    May 19, 2019 3:08 PM PDT

I've never had had rivals even playing On RZ for 5 years . 

No problem with asking a so called rival guild , but I think I'd rather swim to see whats on other side . perhaps a sand bar with a sunkin ship (treasure) perhaps a island with seaweed creatures , 

or perhaps my death due to a snarky shark :). No matter which way i swim , I will gain skill in swimming . win win  :)

• 91 posts
    May 22, 2019 1:47 PM PDT

Elf Enchanter - I don't need the help of rivals, be it my destiny to perish, it is my own cross to bear...If I need to, I will stun that which I encounter and quietly slip away

Skar Rogue - Burn the place and bail, maybe my rival dies in the fire

Human Druid - Ask for help...wait for someone else that can do the fighting for me

No room for reality here..

• 768 posts
    May 22, 2019 9:13 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Scenario (fictional)- You find yourself stranded on an island in Pantheon, do you swim and risk your life/gear/exp or do you endure the shame of calling for help from a nearby rival guild member who can teleport/evac you to safety? Please explain your answer. #MMORPG #communitymatters

I'ld swim for it. I am always up for a challenge or an experiment in the game.

If I know that it's just certain death in the water (or an extreme chance thereof) I'll call out to the community. Be that rival guild or not, that doesn't matter for me. We're a Pantheon community after all.

It does not feel like a shame-thing for me. To my understanding, we /the community are there to help each other out. Most likely I wouldn't be the first or last one being stranded on that island and many would have this stranded anecdote to look back on. It's those things that band you with the other players. It will be a fun memory after X-time. Similar to all the nostalgic references we now read on the forums from other games.

This post was edited by Barin999 at May 22, 2019 9:18 PM PDT
    • 145 posts
    May 23, 2019 3:59 PM PDT

if you find shame in asking for help then you probaly need it. so ask for help for me lol

This post was edited by stonetothebone85 at May 23, 2019 3:59 PM PDT