Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How to handle in game map

This topic has been closed.
    • 24 posts
    May 15, 2019 11:28 AM PDT
    So I'm playing this game called Outward. It's basically Dark Souls but more of a survival lean. You gotta eat/drink/sleep right and watch your body temperature.

There's an in game map but guess what? It doesn't tell you where you are! Much like a normal map you gotta look for landmarks and kinda figure out where you are and what direction to go. Thought it would be a nice fit for Pantheon. Just my 2c
    • 1281 posts
    May 15, 2019 11:40 AM PDT

Outward has a lot of cool survival elements that modern games are missing. It's definitely something I support influencing Pantheon.

• 696 posts
    May 15, 2019 12:08 PM PDT

Yeah, since people will make maps online anyways I would like to have a map, no location indicator, in the game.

• 370 posts
    May 15, 2019 1:13 PM PDT

Watemper said:

Yeah, since people will make maps online anyways I would like to have a map, no location indicator, in the game.

This is sort of what I'm hoping for.

Two options would be when you enter a new zone, outdoor, you can slowly unlock it and it goes from fog of war style to mapped out. Second option if when you enter a new zone you can track down a vendor and buy the map for the area. Maybe not all zones and I'm not sold on buying a map but it seems like it would fit.

There is no reason not to have a map though, especially if it doesn't show your locaiton. 

• 2419 posts
    May 15, 2019 1:18 PM PDT

EppE said:

There is no reason not to have a map though, especially if it doesn't show your locaiton. 

Ok, they can give you a globe upon character completion.  That way you'll have a map of the entire world...it just doesn't show your location.

• 68 posts
    May 15, 2019 6:02 PM PDT

There doesn't have to be a gulf between "challenge" and reasonable quality of life features.  There's going to be in game maps with 3rd party add ons.  And why not?  I want adventers in Pantheon, not tedium

This post was edited by dudimous at May 15, 2019 6:12 PM PDT
    • 4 posts
    May 15, 2019 7:11 PM PDT

I love the FFXI method of doing quests / buying them. 

• 332 posts
    May 15, 2019 8:16 PM PDT

I originally asked for just a simple function or empty file spot for player made maps. This allows the game default to have the ability (M) for maps , and the base game displaying nothing but allowing player created maps to be still used .

This concept is the best of both worlds , either you want to use them or not and still allows pantheon to either include them in the future or expand on a concept of there own in the future if they wished ie (buy em , skill or whatever).

• 752 posts
    May 15, 2019 8:28 PM PDT
    My original thought back when i first even discovered pantheon - i would love to just have a simple overview map with major landmarks similar to something that might be put on a cloth handout. Something a little more detailed than eq1 original map. Then i was like.... as a quality of life feature i would love a way to import image files so i can toggle more detailed player made maps. All of this without a player location indicator and simply as an integrated reference feature so i dont have to swap from game to website every other second.
    • 9115 posts
    May 16, 2019 2:51 AM PDT

Guys, I ask that you please use the search function prior to posting a popular topic like this as it has been discussed to death and we have many open threads that you can still join. I would rather that, than creating a new thread for every thought you guys have so we can try and keep the forum spam/clutter down to a minimum and allow new members and old alike easy access to find this type of information.

I typed "Maps" in the search function and this was the result: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/search?query=Maps&type=forum_topic&submit=

I will go ahead and close this one down now, no hard feelings and thank you for understanding :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 16, 2019 2:52 AM PDT