Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

About mounts and pets...

• May 14, 2019 12:22 PM PDT

Hello pantheon community!

I don't know if this has been posted before, but what do you guys think about flying mounts?
    Personally I like it, but there has to be a limitation where you can fly and how long you can fly, like a stamina bar for the mount.
    Also, I liked what ArcheAge dit with the mounts, making them spawnable and able to follow you.

I'd like to hear your opinions about mounts and pets.
    Thanks for reading!

• 193 posts
    May 14, 2019 12:55 PM PDT
    • 1404 posts
    May 14, 2019 5:52 PM PDT

AnotherIntrovert said:

Hello pantheon community!

I don't know if this has been posted before, 

Everything has been posted before.

• 3852 posts
    May 15, 2019 7:36 AM PDT

((Everything has been posted before.))

So true. 

I believe it is fair to say that almost none of us wants flying mounts because they make travel fast and easy and a core design principle of Pantheon is to make travel slower and less easy so that the world feels larger and we don't get to maximum level very fast at all. Details as to how they could best work are discussed now and then but not too seriously because because in general we neither want them nor expect them. Heck the serious debates are over whether having any ground mounts is a bad idea because even those make things too fast and easy.

• 513 posts
    May 15, 2019 4:06 PM PDT

I think we would really need to have a definitive idea of what "flying" means.  Mostly we would need to state just how fast flying would be.  Do we need to fly at Mach 2.2?  Is EQ1 Levitate considered flying?  I have crossed entire zones without ever touching the ground.  Do we need the emersion breaking Star-trek mounts we got in later parts of EQ2?  Should everyone be seen flying around the cities on the back of a dragon?  There are just too many unknowns here.

• 372 posts
    May 15, 2019 4:30 PM PDT

Percipiens said:

Welcome! Here's a good place to start.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/10427/community-debate-keeping-it-purely-immersive

So there are two good posts, above, but there's an official debate about this in the link that Percipiens posted - let's just use that thread. I'll just speak for myself and say that I don't want to keep up with two threads about the same thing <3 <3 <3