Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Can we have a /showdanceoff?

• 13 posts
    May 19, 2019 2:14 PM PDT

Hopefully Pantheon turns out to be creative enough to avoid having to use pop-culture references throughout the game.

• 59 posts
    May 21, 2019 6:01 PM PDT

plump said:

Hopefully Pantheon turns out to be creative enough to avoid having to use pop-culture references throughout the game.

I whole heartedly agree. Talk about imersion breaking.. I really don't want to see that either myself.

• May 26, 2019 5:38 AM PDT
    /dance decreases food timers by 1000%, damages boot durability every tick, significantly reduces endurance... And oh yeah - flags you for pvp. I dare you to afk dance now.
    • 41 posts
    May 26, 2019 4:00 PM PDT
    Pop culture references especially using puns annoy me to no end. I hope they don't use either.
    • 21 posts
    May 28, 2019 10:39 AM PDT

Please no ridiculous dances...

• 643 posts
    May 29, 2019 10:32 AM PDT

good gosh!

I thought you meant a 

/show   Dance-off

like a contest and I was so troubled

• 2138 posts
    May 29, 2019 2:25 PM PDT

Au contraire, mon frere.

I would like to see individual dances by race, and even by gender if possible. I want "let me show you the dance of my people" to be a thing.

I could see the Skar dance being very tribal in scope and downright educational. With sequences of repetative motions so that if one started to dance, and others joined at different times later, there would be  moments when all were moving in tandem. Respect, like, you can't do it unless you're Skar, kind of thing, like the Maori.

I could see the dark myr, as a whole, being very cagey and witholding about this dance to the point where new players are threatened by existing players never to show the dance of their people. (except underwater) and if they were forced to on dry land, they woud appear to flounder like a dying fish causing onlookers to avert their gaze for the sake of the dark myr's dignity.

I would also like to see illusions have seperate dances as well, so if I have an illusion I would have a different dance.

Of course, programing talent allowing. purely sedondary and not impotant to game mechanics at this point.

• 372 posts
    May 29, 2019 3:44 PM PDT

OK Myr having the only water dance and only dancing in water?  Yes!

• 520 posts
    May 31, 2019 3:17 PM PDT

I agree - dances - especially modern ones - in the MMOs always killed mood. If someone likes it - great let them have it - but add the feature in the OPTIONs to turn the visuals off.

• 17 posts
    June 2, 2019 4:05 PM PDT

This post was edited by Gladare at June 2, 2019 4:06 PM PDT
    • 372 posts
    June 2, 2019 5:25 PM PDT

Gladare said:

We can dance!  We can dance!  Everything's out of control!
    We can dance!  We can dance!  They're doing it from pole to pole!

We can dance! We can dance!  Everybody look at your hands!
    We can dance! We can dance!  Everybody's taking the chaaaAAANCE!

This post was edited by Tigersin at June 2, 2019 5:25 PM PDT
    • 441 posts
    June 2, 2019 6:20 PM PDT
    As someone who loves RP and got into MMOing because of playing PnP since high school. It would sadden me is there was not emote of every kind that had a visual side to them. Including many dances. Also for all the short stories to moves fans make inside video games. The more the better. This IMO is the worst request I have seen on this forum.
    • 372 posts
    June 2, 2019 9:55 PM PDT

Nanfoodle said: As someone who loves RP and got into MMOing because of playing PnP since high school. It would sadden me is there was not emote of every kind that had a visual side to them. Including many dances. Also for all the short stories to moves fans make inside video games. The more the better. This IMO is the worst request I have seen on this forum.

Some people want their own game, without the bother of others infringing on their own personal experience.  Personally, I find it impersonal.  <3 You're not alone.

• 752 posts
    June 3, 2019 5:56 PM PDT
    If i see a pantheon danceoff like these crap fortnite things i will blow up my computer.