1 EQ quest/place/creature you want similar types in Pantheon

• 153 posts
    May 5, 2019 5:23 AM PDT

Kithicor Forest - This zone was the true legend of EQ

• 1033 posts
    May 5, 2019 9:55 AM PDT

Riqq said:

This, I love the idea of dynamically changing zones based on night/day, season or circumstance. This is a variable that I think adds to excitement in play and is a solution to stagnat content.

Now I say this with the reservation that they can go too far as well. Consistency is an elment of play as well, dyanmic implementations are great, but at the end of the day the joy for a player is to suceeed over an obstacle, so there is a need for some pattern to exist to which the player can develop a strategy or solution for.

• 287 posts
    May 5, 2019 12:50 PM PDT
    I want challenge. I want to fear dying in a game again. Too many games are easy mode and convenient. Bring on the dangerous adventures please.
    • 59 posts
    May 5, 2019 10:41 PM PDT

Tanix said:

Riqq said:

This, I love the idea of dynamically changing zones based on night/day, season or circumstance. This is a variable that I think adds to excitement in play and is a solution to stagnat content.

Now I say this with the reservation that they can go too far as well. Consistency is an elment of play as well, dyanmic implementations are great, but at the end of the day the joy for a player is to suceeed over an obstacle, so there is a need for some pattern to exist to which the player can develop a strategy or solution for.

Absolutely. That zone made me nervous more than any other when running through it early on, was quite a journey.

Creature.. I believe the classic skeleton, complete with the classic laugh, is nessisary :)

• 999 posts
    May 6, 2019 4:45 AM PDT
    I loved the Estate of Unrest - the atmosphere, mobs, secret passages, unintentional environmental danger (death trains haha), and large leveling range. I went from slaying beetles hugging the wall, to derailing trains before I left. I hope Pantheon has many similar zones of the same style.
    • 21 posts
    May 6, 2019 5:12 AM PDT

I personally would love to see epics or something along those lines like in EQ1 where the final step was actually hard (for 1.0) (i.e. small raid target).  Or the multiple quests for other stuff

(i remember doing the titan armor quests as a wizard long time ago and it just felt like it meant something) and lasted for sometime. High effort should give high rewards.

I miss 72 man raids (though I know they were a nightmare to manage in raids and a nightmare just to recruit and keep the raid filled) But I would like some high tier raid/flagging system like for PoP stuff. Man that lore in EQ is just unbeatable!

The feeling of danger while exploring, travel meant something. Now in modern mmo's travel means nothing. But it shouldn't be so difficult to get around that it takes half your gaming session to get somewhere. Group ports (to take a group somewhere) or maybe group summons (to pull a group to you)

I could go on and on

• 752 posts
    May 7, 2019 8:12 PM PDT
    I need a newb log or other low level landscape object so i can die a thousand times and know exactly where to find my corpse.

Massive trees or other large scale climbable city objects. I want to be able to climb or ride an elevator system really high up so i can see the landscape vista’s. Early eq1 walls were so short. I want like 100 foot walls like you would need if you were fighting a *cough* dragon.....

Random griffin attacks! I cant tell you how many times a had to run from or died to a griffin. But add some lore as to why they act that way. Because eq1 griffins were just there..... why? Fantasy?
    • 1428 posts
    May 8, 2019 8:42 AM PDT

i would like to see the dreaded deathclaw

• 643 posts
    May 8, 2019 9:16 AM PDT

SinisterJoint said:...I miss 72 man raids (though I know they were a nightmare to manage in raids and a nightmare just to recruit and keep the raid filled) But I would like some high tier raid/flagging system like for PoP stuff. ...

I agree!

Some of the most amazing things I ever saw in any game were 72-person open world raids for PoT flagging, where *massive* groups of total strangers got together and organized a raid like that.  And these were really complicated things that took hours and hours, and had to do multiple raids over months.  It was fantastic.

• 36 posts
    May 8, 2019 10:10 AM PDT

What are one of the things I can't stand about newer MMO's and Dungeons? I liked the fact I could go into a dungeon in EQ and stay there for hours, with multiple groups and find a camp spot. Todays MMO is just a run, I'm so damn tired of that, run a dungeon in out, wam bam thankyou for your loot mam, gone.

Though it's difficult to tell, Pantheon is looking like the later dungeon wise to me, I hope I'm wrong ;) I mean the streams are typically only an hour long so again it's hard to tell, and I know the devs have said they want to bring back the camping form of dungeon.

I loved places like Kedge Keep, very very unique dungeon.

This post was edited by Drauk4131 at May 8, 2019 10:12 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    May 8, 2019 11:21 AM PDT

Xxar said:

Mistmoore Castle .... The entire layout is amazing from design to itemization, that  and it is all spread through a large level range spread in one area.

This zone is artstic in design , lore and overall has the right feel for the type of zone it is.

I agree, just make sure the passageways inside the castle are tall enough so all races can walk through without crouching! 

• 62 posts
    May 8, 2019 11:40 AM PDT

Emerald Jungle - The most atmospheric place in the game, imho. It was crazy frightening to see a tiger or gorilla and to find CoM in the middle? Genius! It just made Kunark for me, even though I spent lots more time in many other places. I suppose growing up near the redwoods in the Bay Area kind of influenced that, too. Looking up and just barely being able to see the tops through the canopy is awe-inspiring.

• 49 posts
    May 8, 2019 2:05 PM PDT

bryanleo9 said: I want challenge. I want to fear dying in a game again. Too many games are easy mode and convenient. Bring on the dangerous adventures please.

Totally with you.

Those old EQ dungeons gave 0 fvcks about you or your crew.  Secret tunnels, Ghoul roots, precarious ledges and bridges, invis suddenly dropping, mobs fleeing when low, traps, lava, and more i cant think of.

Whoever made that pitfall in Najena into the cage was a real McAzzhole.

GIVE US DANGER 

• 696 posts
    May 8, 2019 2:46 PM PDT

^ The pit fall into the minatour camp in lguk was a fun one to fall into lol. Even if you knew about it you needed to jump with sow at the very edge of the trap that you can't see in order to make it..that or lev across for safety.

• 99 posts
    May 8, 2019 3:44 PM PDT
    Minatour’s.. hadn't seen them in any game other than EQ. Beefy ones with 2h axes maybe 2? Lol
    • 17 posts
    May 15, 2019 8:13 PM PDT
    Haha, pit falls absolutely. I got such a kick when running around Charasis, stepped foot on an innocent looking carpet and fell to my death in the bottom of the pit. It was not easy getting my corpse back and you can bet your ass I never stepped on another carpet in any zone.
    • 1281 posts
    May 17, 2019 2:25 PM PDT

Drauk4131 said:

What are one of the things I can't stand about newer MMO's and Dungeons? I liked the fact I could go into a dungeon in EQ and stay there for hours, with multiple groups and find a camp spot. Todays MMO is just a run, I'm so damn tired of that, run a dungeon in out, wam bam thankyou for your loot mam, gone.

Though it's difficult to tell, Pantheon is looking like the later dungeon wise to me, I hope I'm wrong ;) I mean the streams are typically only an hour long so again it's hard to tell, and I know the devs have said they want to bring back the camping form of dungeon.

I loved places like Kedge Keep, very very unique dungeon.

You're in luck.  They've said on many streams that the dungeons will be places to go and park for hours on end killing things.  Not just a quick in and out.

• 1281 posts
    May 17, 2019 2:26 PM PDT

Nasotha said:

Emerald Jungle - The most atmospheric place in the game, imho. It was crazy frightening to see a tiger or gorilla and to find CoM in the middle? Genius! It just made Kunark for me, even though I spent lots more time in many other places. I suppose growing up near the redwoods in the Bay Area kind of influenced that, too. Looking up and just barely being able to see the tops through the canopy is awe-inspiring.

I, too, am a fan of Emerald Jungle and City of Mist.  CoM was one of my favorite places to go.

• 1281 posts
    May 17, 2019 2:33 PM PDT

In addition to bitchen indoor zones, like City of Mist, Kedge Keep, and what-not, I would also like to see a dank dark outdoor forest that looks something like these two shots, complete with corresponding sound tracks (including strange animal noises).

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/media-tentree-com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/7.-Chinese-Hemlock-Trail-Tapingshan-Taiwan-22-Mysterious-Forests-I%E2%80%99d-Love-To-Get-Lost-In.jpg
    https://davidjrodger.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dagobah-system-photograph-by-british-science-fiction-thriller-author-david-j-rodger.jpg

This post was edited by Kalok at May 17, 2019 2:34 PM PDT
    • 58 posts
    May 17, 2019 11:21 PM PDT

I quite liked the layout of Blackburrow.  The different areas and the varying levels of the mobs there were fun for several levels.

• 29 posts
    May 18, 2019 1:50 AM PDT
    A few things come to my mind when thinking about eq.

EC Tunnels : I loved this, had my best online social experiences there.

Weight/encumbrance : This was implemented perfectly in eq.

No/few portals : Keep the world huge, make distance meaningful