Forums » News and Announcements

Incoming Pledge Package Changes

• 523 posts
    May 2, 2019 2:42 PM PDT

Artois.  Now that we've got a good understanding of how the nameplate and icon will look in game, what are the odds we get another pledge drive at some point with those as the reward again?  Some of us were just a little confused on that entire concept, but I definitely like it after seeing that last stream.  You guys could always use another animator to speed this up, amirite?

• 201 posts
    May 3, 2019 12:21 PM PDT

Artois said:

Xeos said: @Artois in one of the live streams it was mentioned that some packages would no longer be available starting early May, can you please elaborate?

Last week, we reopened the installment payment option for our larger pledges, specifically the Perceiver pledge at $500 and the Triumvirate pledge at $1000. These are now available at the price of $50 and $100 per month for 12 months respectively. While they cost more than the one time payment for the pledge, it does allow more people to take advantage of the rewards, especially with the Triumvirate pledge. That pledge currently has the reward of being added into our pre-alpha testing.

So to me this says either A) you get the pledge benefit immediately regardless of if you have paid the thing off or still have $1100 in payments to go or B) you get it only once you pay it off, which would mean that pre-alpha is going to be at least 12 more months, because otherwise the whole pledge would be pointless for that benefit.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 3, 2019 1:19 PM PDT

antonius said:

Artois said:

Xeos said: @Artois in one of the live streams it was mentioned that some packages would no longer be available starting early May, can you please elaborate?

Last week, we reopened the installment payment option for our larger pledges, specifically the Perceiver pledge at $500 and the Triumvirate pledge at $1000. These are now available at the price of $50 and $100 per month for 12 months respectively. While they cost more than the one time payment for the pledge, it does allow more people to take advantage of the rewards, especially with the Triumvirate pledge. That pledge currently has the reward of being added into our pre-alpha testing.

So to me this says either A) you get the pledge benefit immediately regardless of if you have paid the thing off or still have $1100 in payments to go or B) you get it only once you pay it off, which would mean that pre-alpha is going to be at least 12 more months, because otherwise the whole pledge would be pointless for that benefit.

Currently, if you sign up for the Triumvirate pledge, you are added to the Pre-Alpha testing group. You can be and are removed for failure to fulfill your pledge obligation. It can also potentially impact your access into further testing as well (alpha and beta) if you don't fullfill your pledge obligation.

We are in a break from testing right now as we finish up Project Faerthale. However, once pre alpha testing begins again, all those eligible for pre alpha testing will be able to participate. 

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 3, 2019 1:20 PM PDT

Mathir said:

Artois.  Now that we've got a good understanding of how the nameplate and icon will look in game, what are the odds we get another pledge drive at some point with those as the reward again?  Some of us were just a little confused on that entire concept, but I definitely like it after seeing that last stream.  You guys could always use another animator to speed this up, amirite?

We haven't ruled out specific pledge drives in the future. Also, you might see some different nameplates and icons being offered in new pledge packages as well.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 8, 2019 10:48 AM PDT

As promised, here is a sneak peak of the new $100 pledge coming soon. If you want to get the Keeper's pledge, get it soon.

The new pledge will differ from the Keeper in the following ways:

Only 1 Digital Copy of game

Will have early character creation prior to the launch of the game.

In game rewards will be similar but have different names and look

Nameplate Icon and Title will be different

• 372 posts
    May 8, 2019 11:40 AM PDT

Doesn't mention character creation.  Do current Keepers get to create a character prior to launch of the game?
    Doesn't mention Nameplate Icon. Do current Keepers get a Nameplate Icon?

Thank you

• 200 posts
    May 8, 2019 12:49 PM PDT

edit: noticed Tigersin posted same question about current pledges and char creation. 

This post was edited by WarKnight at May 8, 2019 12:50 PM PDT
    • 9 posts
    May 10, 2019 1:45 PM PDT

I assume early character creation and early name reservation are the same thing. After all creating a character you are unable to play is really just reserving the name, right?

This post was edited by voldraxx at May 10, 2019 1:45 PM PDT
    • 372 posts
    May 10, 2019 4:36 PM PDT

I have no idea. I imagine Artois is getting the answers for us and we'll find out soon.

Also, 15 days ago we were told this change would likely "happen in the next couple of weeks" but we do not yet have a date. We're still getting one, right?

Me: In other words, we can expect a date to say goodbye to the Keeper pledge?
    Artois: Correct, this is the notification that changes are coming. The changes to the Keeper pledge will most likely happen in the next couple of weeks.

• 523 posts
    May 11, 2019 1:57 AM PDT

Artois said:

As promised, here is a sneak peak of the new $100 pledge coming soon. If you want to get the Keeper's pledge, get it soon.

The new pledge will differ from the Keeper in the following ways:

Only 1 Digital Copy of game

Will have early character creation prior to the launch of the game.

In game rewards will be similar but have different names and look

Nameplate Icon and Title will be different

Please tell me you guys are doing early character creation like EQ2 did it, I always thought that was phenomenal.  Not sure how they did it, I think you had to put in your pre-order code, but you were able to create your charcter and spend a ton of time fine-tuning your apperance weeks before launch.  On most launch days, everyone just makes a toon as fast as they can so they can get in game and play, I always thought that wasted all the character custimization options companies spend time creating.  EQ2's approach remedied that, plus you were able to reserve your name early as well.  All you had to do on launch day was hit Enter World.  I probably spent 10 hours at least, if not drastically more, in the weeks prior to launch just trying to get my character to look just right.

• 3852 posts
    May 11, 2019 7:47 AM PDT

Some of us speculated that early name reservation might be done by going to the character creation page shortly before release and creating a real playable character (not to be played until release, of course). This change in terminology lends support to that speculation.

Mathir - I agree. But this will only work well if you have the option to continue playing with the page and revising character details *after* you finish initial creation and submit the character to the server for approval.

If I can only reserve one name as VR has said - I will not want to play around with character details and risk someone *else* taking the name. 

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 11, 2019 9:11 AM PDT

We don't have a date on when the new pledge will go live. It is in process but I will update once I have a firm date.

And yes, the character creation will be something that can be done days before the game launches which will allow you to create and customize your character so you are ready to log in once the game launches. It will be part of the early name reservation system but not necessarily the same thing. However, earlier pledges will most likely have this provided as well.

• 768 posts
    May 11, 2019 10:11 AM PDT

Artois said:

And yes, the character creation will be something that can be done days before the game launches which will allow you to create and customize your character so you are ready to log in once the game launches. It will be part of the early name reservation system but not necessarily the same thing. However, earlier pledges will most likely have this provided as well.

Splendid news and good thinking!!

Thanks Artois.

• 3852 posts
    May 11, 2019 10:56 AM PDT

Very good - thanks.

• 11 posts
    May 12, 2019 6:23 AM PDT

Mathir said:

Please tell me you guys are doing early character creation like EQ2 did it, I always thought that was phenomenal.  Not sure how they did it, I think you had to put in your pre-order code, but you were able to create your charcter and spend a ton of time fine-tuning your apperance weeks before launch.  On most launch days, everyone just makes a toon as fast as they can so they can get in game and play, I always thought that wasted all the character custimization options companies spend time creating.  EQ2's approach remedied that, plus you were able to reserve your name early as well.  All you had to do on launch day was hit Enter World.  I probably spent 10 hours at least, if not drastically more, in the weeks prior to launch just trying to get my character to look just right.

That was really great!

• 3016 posts
    May 12, 2019 9:02 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

knoote said:

I am currently on Keepers pledge. Does that mean my rewards will change?

Actually i was thinking of upgrading to a higher pledge (advisor's pledge) as i also want to be in the founder's guild.

Is that still possible then?

All purchased pledges keep the rewards given at that time, nothing will be taken away from you if you already own a pledge. :)

Good to hear ..my pledge was in 2014. :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    May 12, 2019 9:04 AM PDT

SinisterJoint said:

Linda "Brasse" is fkn amazing! That is one dwarven woman that can drink you under the table!! I've had the pleasure of meeting her a few times at SoE fanfests hahah

I LOVE her accent...and listened to her in one of the recent livestreams...she is a hoot. :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    May 12, 2019 9:08 AM PDT

Shea said:

@DracoKalen , Wrong its not locked in stone if you decide to upgrade your package . 

I wont say what I get or paid for , but should I decide to upgrade I lose what i have . (seriously its a no brainer ) . 

Correct I still get the perks promised with my original pledge in 2014...but if I change up to a higher pledge or change my pledge in some way I lose those original promised perks that came with the original pledge.   I'm sticking with what I have because the next pledge up is way beyond my means. :)

Cana

• 124 posts
    May 13, 2019 12:06 AM PDT

Maybe its just me, but there already seems to be a change in the pledges?

A bloodsworn pledge has been added, i'm geussing to fill the 'gap' between protector and pathfinder? (being a 100$ jump instead of 50). This would be the only Champion pledge currently without alpha acces. Also it does not seem to include any in-game items (get a shirt tho? Does this apply to non US residents? with shipping fee's and all). And i'm seeing 'Buddy code for additional digital download'. What is the difference between a buddy code and a digital copy? 

I see you have indeed added the option to pay monthly for the higher pledges. But do not include an upgrade path offering the same. Is this going to be offered in the near future by chance?

• 372 posts
    May 13, 2019 6:25 AM PDT

Was this published by mistake?  VR told us changes incoming to Keepers... I have no idea

• 200 posts
    May 13, 2019 7:00 AM PDT

Looks like the founders guild was renamed "Founder's Conclave" with a description as you scroll over it too.  At least I thought I remember it being called a Guild!?  

Any updates on the backpack, tunic or ring?

• 3852 posts
    May 13, 2019 7:15 AM PDT

The name change is a good idea - calling it a founders guild can easily give the reader the impression that it would *be* a guild like other guilds - but with membership limited to founders. Perhaps even with them unable to join any other guild while in this one.

• 2 posts
    May 13, 2019 6:11 PM PDT

2 digital copies of the game = Keepers Pledge

A buddy code for a digital copy of the game = Bloodsworn Pledge

These are the same thing, just worded differently correct?

• 4 posts
    May 13, 2019 11:28 PM PDT

Questiom  if your doing one of the monthly pledgeges does it stay the same pledge or does it change to the pledge that repalces it? dosnt matter to me iether way im happy with either one just wondering

• 372 posts
    May 14, 2019 5:58 AM PDT

temphawk said:

Questiom  if your doing one of the monthly pledgeges does it stay the same pledge or does it change to the pledge that repalces it? dosnt matter to me iether way im happy with either one just wondering

I can answer that with confindence. If you are on a $50/mo for a pledge, for example, you'll keep the pledge details offered when you began your monthly payments.