Forums » The Druid

Info Lightning

• 2 posts
    April 23, 2019 5:56 AM PDT

So the druid is the only class that uses lightning magic, but is it possible to play it in that direction it has talent lines that you can use in that specialization or not?

• 338 posts
    April 23, 2019 8:06 AM PDT

With the limited information we have currently, I will say no. As a support role, you'll need to need to also use trees, seeds, fire and wind. We'll learn more closer to launch.

• 512 posts
    April 23, 2019 10:08 AM PDT

The Wizard can also use lightning spells, and as Tigersin mentioned, there are still many abilities that we have not seen as well as classes (although I can't imagine Bard or Necro using lightning).  

• 2 posts
    April 23, 2019 12:13 PM PDT

Darch said:

The Wizard can also use lightning spells, and as Tigersin mentioned, there are still many abilities that we have not seen as well as classes (although I can't imagine Bard or Necro using lightning).  

I don't want to do the fussy, but the wizard the branch is arcane and even the tooltip speaks of arcane and not of lightining so I would say no only the druid commands the storm, and even the spells of the wizard are purple not very close to the lightning

This post was edited by Stormrider at April 23, 2019 12:13 PM PDT
    • 2284 posts
    April 23, 2019 2:15 PM PDT

Stormrider said:

So the druid is the only class that uses lightning magic, but is it possible to play it in that direction it has talent lines that you can use in that specialization or not?

Whether or not you consider the wizards lightning to be "lightning," the answer is no. There will not be talent lines or interclass specialization trees (in release at the very least). A druid might be able to load up with damage spells in some groups (lightning or not) and add to the overall group DPS if there is another healer, but they will not be able to fill the role of or put out competitive damage next to a DPS focused class.