Forums » The Ranger

Ranger Epic

• 526 posts
    April 9, 2019 12:12 PM PDT
    Was just thinking on how I am torn on a possible ranger epic weapon.. seeing how class reveal is both melee and ranged would you rather the epic be a ranged or melee? Or both?
    • 73 posts
    April 9, 2019 2:21 PM PDT

Hello fellow rangers...Epic weapons for a class that does both range and melee. I will take three please! Primary secondary and ranged slot...I have no idea what they are going to do, but I am excited to find out. Maybe the will let you choose or perhaps there will be a 1.0 for primary/secondary slot then 1.5 for the ranged slot or vice versus. Who knows 1.0 primary 1.5 secondary 2.0 ranged. Whatever it will be I will be getting this quest done. I hope the epic weapons will last me a lifetime I don’t ever want to see them in my bank or on the wall at my house. They need to requested to become better with each expansion and best in slot always. In my humble opinion.

This post was edited by Soaren at April 9, 2019 2:23 PM PDT
    • 526 posts
    April 9, 2019 3:31 PM PDT

Yea I was thinking of something along those lines as well. For sure it's hard to make an argument for either as I have not been able to try the class as per which would be more meaningful for damage output. I do like that idea of multiple's especially if they did a 1.0 and 1.5 2.0 etc we saw in EQ1. That'd be pretty cool. I just like hearing fellow ranger enthusiasts opinions and ideas even if I wouldn't necessarily agree.

This post was edited by Mordecai at April 9, 2019 3:33 PM PDT
    • 474 posts
    April 10, 2019 7:19 AM PDT

I would like it to be a choice. Maybe a branching quest line that will allow you to choose early on if you'd like to persue a melee weapon or bow. Something of a "test" of might, or a trial quest to prove your worthiness. However they do it, I do believe it should be a choice between a pair of one handers or a bow.

• 137 posts
    April 12, 2019 5:54 PM PDT

Just thinking outside the box....what about an epic quiver/sheath set or convertible item that would allow you to utilize both ranged and melee depending on the need of the group? 

• 526 posts
    April 19, 2019 5:56 PM PDT
    @Therek I enjoy that idea. Reminds me of of Endless Quiver from EQ was an epic item and not just an AA
    • 24 posts
    April 20, 2019 5:19 PM PDT

I say make them make a choice in the quest, one way you get a melee weapon, the other you get a ranged, just make it to where one isn't better than the other, and if they have a special proc or whatever, make it the same for both, so you don't get pigeonholed into having one or the other for specific content.  

• 3 posts
    April 30, 2019 11:46 PM PDT
    Why not have both? (Or 3? main/off hand and a bow) just have tiered or stacked effects?
    • 467 posts
    May 1, 2019 8:36 AM PDT

Both.  A high fantasy weapon resembling a Klingon Bat'Leth with a magic cord allowing it to also be used like a bow.

• 1557 posts
    May 1, 2019 5:09 PM PDT

Both but not at the same time.

If the ranger is expected to be effective jumping in and out of melee, he can't be segregated to an epic beeing either melee, or range only.

However I have poor hopes of a weapon beeing both ranged and twins at the same time, would be awfully designed.