Forums » The Wizard

Warlock Path

• 60 posts
    March 29, 2019 2:41 AM PDT

I would love a seperate Warlock Class instead of a Necromancer. But if that aint possible id like some Quest ingame that makes a Wizard a Warlock. Maybe lose a few spells from a wizard but gain some special spells for warlocks. Make some Patrons that give the warlock different spell sets. Maybe a Demonlord that gives you more destructive spells , some Fairy Lord that gives you Roots/ Earth spells etc... Maybe make it a nice questline with a warlock staff or robe in the end as reward. And remember a Warlock doesnt have to be always evil.

Some spell examples :

Flesh to Mana ... The warlock sacrifices HP to convert into Mana.

Summon Demon : Summons a demon to your side attacking your enemies for XX Seconds before going back to the underworld

Fear : Your target is paralyzed by fear , making the unable to move / attack for XX seconds

Drain Life : Your sipphon the life energy of your target dealing XX dmg over YY seconds healing you for ZZ HP .

This post was edited by Nolaen at March 29, 2019 3:02 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    March 29, 2019 8:40 AM PDT

I really like your idea for having someone who focuses on summoning demons and working with dark magic and hellfire.

If anyone played Age of Conan, there was a class maybe called Demonologist.  Dealt with hellfire and demons.  Was really cool.

BUT I think EQ needs the Necromancer as well.  We should really have both Necromancers and Demonologist/Warlocks.

I really see Summoners, Necromancers and Demonologists as being similar classes, with different sources of power.

Summoners pull from the elemental planes, Necromancers from the negative/unlife plane, and Demonologist/Warlock from Hell.

Mal

• 4 posts
    February 23, 2020 5:01 AM PST

Cool idea.

My problem in all games with a Necromancer is, that he summons skeletons, ghuls or whatever out of nowhere. He doesn't need corpses. Demons are summoned from another dimensions, hell or anywhere else.

With a warlock, we would have three summoner classes. The classname Summoner is really unlucky, if we have other classes which also summon pets.

At all summoner classes the setting gameplay and role must be very different. I think in a slow game like Pantheon it's not easy.

This post was edited by BelRoi at February 23, 2020 5:01 AM PST
    • 1458 posts
    February 23, 2020 3:49 PM PST

VR has made it clear that they don't want to give us different paths like that.  They want everyone within a class to have access to everything.  The difference being the order in which you acquire abilities.  They seem to be not wanting to give players either/or type of choices..

My guess is the reason for that is two fold.  First it is easier to balance.  Secondly, having a choice where you pick one thing at the expense of another limits content.  A player has less to acquire if they only have access to one path.  If they have access to all the paths there is a greater number of hours of total gameplay...all things being equal.

Edit....oh I didn't realize this was a year old thread that had bumped.  I'm sure the OP probably realizes much of what I said at this point.

This post was edited by philo at February 23, 2020 3:51 PM PST