Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Dat Disposition System

• 16 posts
    March 22, 2019 2:53 PM PDT

Adding the disposition system to Panthoen is a perfect example of how this game will not only bring the fun and community back to the MMO genre, but will also advance it. Kudos to your team for constantly pushing to make this game a lasting memory for the players.

-Craggy

• 40 posts
    March 25, 2019 4:29 AM PDT

To be fair, EQ had "dispositions" and some were actually labeled in a sense. Like froglok clans in LGUK, and some Hate and Fear mobs. Mostly we just had to learn by doing.

As an Enchanter, I had to learn what wasn't mezzable, what needed tashing, what needed multiple tashing, and what was easy to mez. Same with boggle, learning which mobs needed more of it while the tank pre-taunted was something learned by trial and error.

I do wish that most dispositions were detected by Perception, rather than a list you could print out and instantly know what you were getting. Once we'd seen every mob type in a Plane, it was just too easy to do. I'd also like mobs to have varying dispositions, based on previous interactions with players, and even communication between other mobs. Like mob C says to mob A, you better put this armor on because they have a Rogue who backstabs for big damage. So you run into mob A and instead of being impossible to mez (so I don't try) its suddenly very hard to damage with melee. 

We've been there done that on mobs where mob A is always the same.

• 3852 posts
    March 25, 2019 7:57 AM PDT

I certainly hope we have frogs to fight in Pantheon. When I solo it may not be easy to find a mob I can actually kill but a frog-class enemy I can be reasonably sure if I fight it the enemy will wind up croaking.

• 46 posts
    March 25, 2019 8:34 AM PDT

dorotea said:

... I can be reasonably sure if I fight it the [frog] will wind up croaking.

Don't be too quick to *hop* to any conclusions there Dorotea.

This post was edited by Leachim at March 25, 2019 8:34 AM PDT
    • 209 posts
    March 25, 2019 3:19 PM PDT

I really like what they've revealed about the dispo system too. Looking forward to seeing what a "Playful Lizardman" would be like to fight. :P

This post was edited by Gyldervane at March 25, 2019 3:19 PM PDT