Forums » Fan Creations

How long has Pantheon been in development?

• 2886 posts
    March 18, 2019 12:47 PM PDT

In order to understand the path forward for Pantheon, I think it's important to look back at how it got here. I'll discuss how long Pantheon has been in development and why VR took the path that they did in this video: 

• 363 posts
    March 18, 2019 2:53 PM PDT

Nicely done, Baz!!

• 206 posts
    March 19, 2019 6:48 AM PDT

I especially liked the explaination about the project management triangle. 

• 432 posts
    March 29, 2019 10:25 AM PDT

Technically well done video !

However I don't know if you were following Pantheon since the KS but I did . That's why I think that you went over the period end 2013 - spring 2015 too fast even though it was probably absolutely crucial . For most of us early followers what happened in 2015 was something akin to a revolution that no developper from the pre spring 2015 period survived . Everything changed - forums , ways to communicate with the community , lore , maps , zones , races , classes and even some elements of the game play . You may have got the impression that the game tenets didn't change and they indeed basically didn't (at least not much) because the only element of continuity left between the pre spring 2015 and post spring 2015 periods was Brad Mc Quaid and as the tenets describe his vision of the game they apparently didn't change much since end 2013 .

I have posted here somewhere way ago that there will be somebody one day who will write about what really happened in 2014 because to be sure nobody from VR has ever explained anything in public . Of course one could say that it is not our business and that it does not impact the game development today and it probably is not and it does not . But when somebody got involved financially and emotionnally on a too high level , he is always curious to understand what happens and why :)

In any case I can answer the question from my point of view and considering my pledger/supporter experience with the whole period from 2013 to present . Pantheon as we know it has started in spring 2015 so that today it has been in development for 4 years . Whatever happened before is a mystery .