Forums » The Gnomes

Gnome Monks

• 18 posts
    March 11, 2019 3:32 PM PDT

Looking over the race class matrixs I cant help but notice how limited class choices are for Gnomes

Right now we have 5 choices, 4 of them are caster and 1 melee dps

I understand that Race lore has alot to do with these choices.

After reading the current lore on gnomes I dont see why another physical dps class like Monks cant be an option

It seems to me they would be an even better fit then Rogues.

Please understand I dont want to see rogue removed as a class choice.

I just would like to see a additional class for gnomes that would line up with the lore

I am curious what other may think on this.

• 239 posts
    March 12, 2019 6:34 AM PDT

Im 100% ok with the Gnome class choices. As per lore and functionality. 

• 1413 posts
    March 12, 2019 1:17 PM PDT

I don't really see them as monks, in EQ Gnome monks where a sort of joke made for one of the class quests if I remember right, and the ogre and dark elf monks were story driven as well. Thoses gnomes seems even less physically able than thoses whose unconvenience was only beeing small.

I would however accept a healing class in the gnome setup, mostly because it implies magic usage. Whether it is a new class of some sort using arcane knowledge for restoration or one of the actual (probably shaman with the time thing would be fitting ? ).

• 564 posts
    March 18, 2019 6:59 AM PDT
    I think if you can support gnome rogues with current lore, you can support just about anything with reasoning just as strong.

From a balance perspective though, off tank/fist dps and weak physical stats don't go together very well imo.
    • 18 posts
    April 3, 2019 4:40 AM PDT

BeaverBiscuit said: I think if you can support gnome rogues with current lore, you can support just about anything with reasoning just as strong. From a balance perspective though, off tank/fist dps and weak physical stats don't go together very well imo.

As you know starting stats will make minimal difference and at higher levels even less. 

The whole point of of my wanting to see another class added is for sake of doing all gnome groups which I used to enjoy running. I would love to see a tank class or healer class avaialbe to gnomes but that doesnt seem to fit well. Monk seemed next viable choice as they can at least off tank and have some self heals, my desire may end up being of no consequence as 2 of the caster classes (necromancer still not definite yet) gnomes will eventually choose from will have pets and those pets may be able to tank. If that is the case, i can have my all gnome groups. Same time a gnome monk would could feel very cool

This post was edited by Arlore at April 3, 2019 4:43 AM PDT
    • 18 posts
    April 3, 2019 4:52 AM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

I don't really see them as monks, in EQ Gnome monks where a sort of joke made for one of the class quests if I remember right, and the ogre and dark elf monks were story driven as well. Thoses gnomes seems even less physically able than thoses whose unconvenience was only beeing small. 

Physical stats, thats based only on the assumption that abilities are just based on Physical stats alone, I am pretty sure ive seen youtube vids where someone has moused over a ability and shown "modifying stats" listed and not all of them are physical. I guess we wont know the specifics until alpha.

I would however accept a healing class in the gnome setup, mostly because it implies magic usage. Whether it is a new class of some sort using arcane knowledge for restoration or one of the actual (probably shaman with the time thing would be fitting ? ).

I think something like a blood mage (Vangaurd) would work.