Forums » The Dark Myr

Dark Myr: Paladins + Shaman

• 153 posts
    March 7, 2019 10:13 PM PST

Paladin obviously makes the most sense, as they can be clerics and warriors. Shaman fits due to their previous water affinities and how shaman heal with Water spells. At least that's my take. I could see that because the human can be everything, how the Dark Myr would be the evil reflection of that. Here's to hoping that there will be some tweaks to the race/class matrix prior to launch! Anyone else feel this way?

• 2266 posts
    March 8, 2019 9:50 AM PST

I kind of like the idea for Dark Myr society where someone casting aside the customs of the cleric order (and thereby the much beloved Syronai) to claim judgement in their own hands to distribute as they see fit as being considered heresy and an affront to the memory of Syronai. 

As for Shaman, I don't know. Shaman seems to fit more to me than Druid for them. 

• 505 posts
    March 12, 2019 10:24 AM PDT

I think a lot of us want some tweaks to the race/class matrix, but I doubt we will see that for several years.  Allowing races to be other classes will be implimented to increase player interest.

• 225 posts
    May 1, 2019 7:48 PM PDT

I've been thinking about this thread for a week and finally have an opinion. 

Paladin: Yes

“As I lay with my face against the sands, I saw the Nythirian Guard with their twin tridents grasped for battle, hovering below the surface. In my near paralysis, face half under the water and one eye above, I betook the whole of them in perfect battle formation, firm against the death burning up within their bodies. I saw their skin turn red as the breath dried out of them in the acrid underwater breeze, their pose unyielding as statues. I could only lie still, my body just beginning to lose the deep cold of a life beneath the waves. Yet I could not stop from weeping.”

Shaman: No

Becuase the Myr are of Issul and for Issul. They're collectively focused on their own future.