Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Subscription Support of Pantheon from now until launch

• 6 posts
    March 6, 2019 3:17 PM PST

Greetings future adventurers of Terminus,

Disclosure: This probably has been discussed previously, but I could not locate a thread. :)

I have pledged at the Champion level as of Jan. 2019 because I believe in the passion, ideas, and team that Visionary Realms has established. I also have recently decided to let my WoW subscription lapse. So, that is 16 bucks a month that was just billing to my credit card and I really won't even notice to be honest. That got me thinking... what if I could just set up a reoccurring, monthly pledge to VR (sort of like a sub) for that $16 dollars I was sending to Blizzard? Hmmmmm.? I would not miss it and while $16 is a small amount of cash, it could aide planning/budgeting for the development of Pantheon. As it accrued over time, perhaps the dollars could accumulate and bump my Champions pledge to a higher tier? To my knowledge, this is not currently possible. Or is it? Is this a good idea? Why or why not?

Thanks,

Militus - Standing in Fire Podcast

• 3852 posts
    March 6, 2019 3:32 PM PST

It is a good idea but they currently have technical issues making it very difficult for them. They used to support this until November 2017 and may fix the issues and support it later, but they do not currently.

That is my understanding of where it stands from what I remember seeing a while ago.

This post was edited by dorotea at March 6, 2019 3:37 PM PST
    • 6 posts
    March 6, 2019 3:45 PM PST

Dorotea,

Thanks for the insight. I would love it if they could technically pull this off. :)

• 3237 posts
    March 6, 2019 4:09 PM PST

I'm pretty sure you can pledge manually each month but there might not be an option for $16.  Maybe tuck it away and round up your pledge to $50 every 3 months?  I'm almost positive that you can continue adding to your pledge and that it will accrue toward your total.

• 470 posts
    March 6, 2019 11:25 PM PST

You can set up a monthly pledge for $5-$15/m. The only thing is it's primarily to benefit the team if you have already got a higher tier pledge. These pledges were initially just for support and granted access to the forums. You can see them here. Your call if you want to add to the coffers. Just know it's a support the dev move only and you're good.

Also, as OneADSeven noted, you can upgrade your original pledge as well. I did this a while back. It just takes a bit for it to update as they do them manually.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/community/

This post was edited by Kratuk at March 6, 2019 11:31 PM PST
    • 379 posts
    March 6, 2019 11:49 PM PST

It would be nice if you could sub now and have it count towards your paid game time. That way they get the support now, and we get the playtime later!

• 3852 posts
    March 7, 2019 7:36 AM PST

As far as I know they haven't determined their business model yet. Which makes sense - it won't be especially relevant until right before release and who knows what will change in the MMO world between now and then. 

They have indicated that the model very well might be partly or fully subscription based, and I certainly expect that, but actually selling prepaid subscriptions would lock them in to that. 

Not to mention that many of us are quite willing to give them money either just to support the game or for pledge perks that cost them far less than giving us more subscription time. They are probably more likely to use that model if they ever add to the current package of pledge rewards to encourage increased pledges.

This post was edited by dorotea at March 7, 2019 7:37 AM PST
    • 388 posts
    March 19, 2019 8:29 PM PDT

you could just make another account and let it bill the $14.95 and not use it for anything else. 

and keep the champion account for posting etc. 

• 41 posts
    March 20, 2019 8:47 PM PDT

I think the monthly pledge will accrue and that can be applied to uprade to a higher pledge level.