Forums » The Bard

Available at Launch (Bard)

• 45 posts
    March 2, 2019 1:48 PM PST

Is there a legit number representing the chance the Bard will be available upon launch?  

• 40 posts
    March 2, 2019 4:53 PM PST

Between 0 and 1 (binary)
    Sorry as far as i know its targeted but you never know

• 64 posts
    March 2, 2019 10:23 PM PST

more of a chance than necromancer but less of a chance than enchanter

• 4 posts
    March 4, 2019 3:01 PM PST

I recall joppa saying in an interview that even though they don't want to put it out there officially, he is confident bard will be in by launch. 

• 125 posts
    March 4, 2019 10:10 PM PST

I think we'll see necro and bard at launch. Because the game won't launch until 2020, this will be plenty of time to polish off those classes and add em to the mix

• 868 posts
    March 5, 2019 5:38 PM PST

Well, considering Bard is listed in the forum section and Necromancer is not, I would assume it has more chance of appearing than Necro does.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at March 5, 2019 5:38 PM PST
    • 4292 posts
    March 5, 2019 6:53 PM PST

I don't know of an exact number, but I can tell you the chance is quite high. Personally, I'm gonna say it must be somewhere in the ballpark of 90% certainty if he's willing to give the "soft announcement" this early: https://youtu.be/4vebn1AN6KY?t=195

And if you watch that video to the end, you'll also hear that the chances of Necromancer being at launch are much less, but we'll see. 

• 266 posts
    March 5, 2019 7:40 PM PST

I believe Enchanter is currently the only class that is actually listed as CC and I'd assume Bard would fill that role. For that reason alone I really hope they add bard by launch just to give more options for people interested in CC.

• 70 posts
    April 24, 2019 2:41 PM PDT

No bard at launch would be really dissapointing.

• 7 posts
    May 10, 2019 8:36 PM PDT
    I think it will absolutely be available at launch, they have said as much and even in the latest stream coh had armor on that said bard under classes that could wear it.
    They get the most hype and discussions without a doubt but I hope they don't make up to much of the games population when it releases. Bards , at least on my server, were never that popular which made them more special I think.
    • 658 posts
    May 11, 2019 5:09 AM PDT

On Project1999 the most popular classes (in order) are Necro, Bard then Mage.  I personally think they're doing their releases according to class population balancing... not because they're incapable of being creative.  (This is also a reason why I "personally" feel they restrict PAL to two races and DL cannot wear heavy armor... yet.  Their population of tank classes would be unbalanced.)  Summoner is the only class that currently exists that hasn't had gameplay revealed for a reason.  Necro won't be available at initial release (maybe a few months later because the class will already be created) and Bard is likely already created but they don't want to hype it up too far out from launch.  (Perhaps people on the fence about playing a melee DPS or ENC would jump ship to the Bard, and it is likely that the Necro will be a highly desireable pet class that would outshine the Summoner in terms of gameplay/flavor). 

*These are personal opinion/speculation.

• 8 posts
    May 14, 2019 6:30 PM PDT

I'm hoping bards will be there at launch.  Finally did the pledge thing after reading it's leaning towards the "yes" side of the fence.

The bard was my favorite class from UO, EQ and Vanguard.  Funny enough, I think I skipped having a bard in the group when I had Bard Tale II on my Commodore 64 back in the day!  Or was it a rogue? 

• 46 posts
    September 23, 2019 6:49 PM PDT

I hope so for the aforementioned CC reasons.  On one of the Dev YouTube streams I saw some Plate gloves drop with "Class: Bard" on it.

This is a class that I am very interested in exploring!