Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

While we wait

• 8 posts
    February 27, 2019 9:25 AM PST

If you are looking for a distraction while you wait for alpha, thought I might recommend a great book series. 

Chaos Seeds by Aleron Kong. Currently 7 books out.

https://www.amazon.com/Chaos-Seeds-7-Book-Series/dp/B079YT2BL6

If you aren't familiar with LitRPG, then you should be. Especially if you love mmo's. 

I'd highly recommend them on Audible. Nick Podehl is one of the best narrators in the game. 

For those wondering, no, I'm not getting paid for this advertisement. But i'm on my 4th listen through and need someone to talk about it with. :) 

• 51 posts
    February 28, 2019 5:55 PM PST

One of my favorite series'.  I really need to reread the series but there are so many books to read its ridiculous......some good and some not so good but still fun and in most cases better than most games at this point.  I'm looking forward to Kong's next book.  I think its been about a year and that seems to be about his timing now for releasing new books.

• 200 posts
    March 1, 2019 8:22 AM PST

how do these compare to the legend of Drizzt?

• 8 posts
    March 2, 2019 4:59 AM PST

I've never read the Drizzt series but I think the main difference is the rpg aspect.  In litrpg they list out xp gained, skill levels raised and even loot stats.  Like playing a game without actually playing. Especially love it on audible because I can listen while working. :)

• 200 posts
    March 2, 2019 7:11 AM PST

Remington said:

I've never read the Drizzt series but I think the main difference is the rpg aspect.  In litrpg they list out xp gained, skill levels raised and even loot stats.  Like playing a game without actually playing. Especially love it on audible because I can listen while working. :)

cool! ill check it out