Edit:

Yup, upgraded :O

This post was edited by Amitaya at February 21, 2019 9:48 AM PST
    • 73 posts
    February 21, 2019 11:00 AM PST
    Awesome update! Thank you!
    • 107 posts
    February 21, 2019 12:37 PM PST
    I know I'm not a heavy poster on these forums but I just wanted to add my thanks. I feel the Newsletter was pretty informative and candid. Certainly no rush on my end. I'm content with just knowing that a game like PROTF is in the works. The rest is just details which won't really matter once launch happens. You devs do your thing and I'll do mine--wait!
    • 52 posts
    February 21, 2019 12:42 PM PST

Brad,

Keep up the good work. Loved the Newsletter and especiatlly the Q&A part. 

Take the time you need to take. There is a drought in decent multiplayer games right now and I don't mind waiting for one that I plan to throw myself fully into. I would agree with your policy of not giving out that much info. Alpha from assumed/posted possible dates has already moved and if you gave us a range date, may or may not move again, since what you are doing is very fluid, even if you are running with tasks/sprints it is hard to predict a date due to the nature of software development. 

If you give us a date and it slips, the rise in possible negativity is not a worthy tradeoff for us knowing a 'possible' future date.

I follow VR's Pantheon and CIG's Star Citizen, both similar companies that fight to remain as indepent as possible, while pushing towards a release of quality through higher standards. Both companies go against the accepted grain and both have garnered my appreciation and support. 

Please continue to be the man who will bring us hours upon hours of fun and new friends.

Thank you,

Barnum

This post was edited by Spof at February 21, 2019 12:44 PM PST
    • 217 posts
    February 21, 2019 12:45 PM PST

Most excellent newsletter.

I loved every single page. Joppa as always gives a good rundown that I can read between the lines with and surmise enough to keep that excitement at a high level. The graphical and animation stuff along with all the technical information (though vague) is again something we can all read and look deeper into whats said, to envision whats going on behind closed NDA doors.

Dorito loved your community spotlight, I as well am an alt-fiend. Love to know what all the classes can do, so as to be able to #1 understand what everyone can do, then tactically be able to know what they could or should be doing. This also helps when newbies are part of a PUG or just joined the guild etc...and if theyre open to it, be taught how to better play their toon.

Finally Brad-adune,

Absolutely LOVED your QnA sesh. It absolutely proves that ya all read our posts and give weight upon the communities relevancy to not only the creation of this fine game but also that their feelings and thoughts MATTER. You addressed many concerns that have been spoken (even some not spoken very eloquently or kindly) within these forums and other forms of communcation.

Also to hear that even though a PM may not recieve a personal response, that they are read and shared with the team and that words of support and kindness from you supporters have a valid and real impact upon the team and a surge of renewed energy and optimism on those days we all have, when we could use a kind word. On that note a saying I will share with you the VR team and this community, is one I came up with while serving in the USMC.

It had to do with leadership, but is applicable in life and human interactions as well. I had thought about how many leaders use fear and intimidation to get the job done and how that affects negatively morale and Esprit de Corps. Now sometimes you have to resort to that kind of leadership, but I always thought it shouldnt be the go-to, but the last resort. The saying is simply, "You can move mountains, with a teaspoon of sugar". 

Also was very pleased to see Brad-adune here responding, which really has an impact on those who have the best intents for an EPIC finished product we can all enjoy for YEARS to come. Keep up the XLent work folks!

In VR I Trust!

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    February 21, 2019 2:25 PM PST

Deadshade said:

Aradune said:

I can say this: many in PA have exclaimed that the game in their opinion felt like it was in alpha already.  Take that I guess any way you want to -- everyone has pre-conceived notions and I think some will find the game where they expect it to be, others not so much, and others of the opinion that it's farther along than they had assumed. 

As you said it yourself . I have been following and anticipating this game since 2014 and I realized that the strongest and most relevant feelings come from the discovery and surprise when one loggs in a game for the first time . I don't want to be robbed of this feeling by already "knowing" almost everything because I saw and lived it during testing . I realize that testing is necessary but it clearly needs some special mindset - personnally I prefer to keep the mystery and surprise intact to be able to enjoy the game when it releases .

1. I totally know what you mean -- I try to stay away from knowing every quest and detail so I too selfishly can enjoy playing the game when it comes out :)

2. Great to hear that you feel the game is so far along -- adds validation to what I posted a little earlier, that many PA testers come to me and tell me the game is farther along than they thought it would have been.  That's that fun and solid foundation I always refer to that we wanted in-place before we embark on this next journey.  It's a lot of work and we have a lot to do, but it's an exciting and enjoyable time because different pieces and parts start coming together forming something tangible and enjoyable -- the dream starts to become the reality.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 22, 2019 2:56 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 21, 2019 2:57 PM PST

Please be mindful of the NDA in place when speaking about Pre-Alpha folks, I have had to remove a few posts where the poster has admitted to being in PA as that is a breach of the NDA.

• 470 posts
    February 21, 2019 3:06 PM PST

Aradune said:

What we've done is built a situation in which we can take the time needed.  We're not rushed.  We don't have to meet dates that aren't ones we chose ourselves.  It's a scenario I've dreamed about for decades but as I mentioned in the newletter, compromise is the enemy.  I know it's a wild ride for you guys as well and it can be frustrating not getting dates and keeping the faith, etc.  I get it, but it's the only way we can remain true to ourselves, that we place excellence up on a pedestal.  We have to be able to change dates, goals, specifications, design, etc. in-house without dumping that fluidity on you guys.

I'll be honest, the wait sucks. It always does. But if you're not beholden to a publisher that is going to force changes to your product, shoehorning in things that most of us do not want and do not fit within the Pantheon vision, while at the same time laying claim to the IP and likely forcing changes to the gameplay as well, I think we'll get over the wait.

• 52 posts
    February 21, 2019 3:07 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Please be mindful of the NDA in place when speaking about Pre-Alpha folks, I have had to remove a few posts where the poster has admitted to being in PA as that is a breach of the NDA.

I agree, Aradune should not be letting people know he has access to the Pre-Alpha. :p

• 17 posts
    February 21, 2019 3:21 PM PST

Faerthale news is what I was expecting and received in this newsletter!!

I saw a lot of visuals with the landscape but was curious about the NPC animals (especially for newbie areas). Flying and poison types are most challenging with tooning so mammals felt the most natural to kill before nailing down complexities. Any there going to be opportunities to provide input like through a poll? Ask the community what they want to spend most time killing for loot/gold?

Artifacts intrigue me and sound like it’s encouraging a tour of Terminus with each zone will have one item. My curiosity is if you need all of these artifacts to complete a final quest or beat a mega boss in an ultimate environment. It would be fun to find treasure loot in these zones that give hints or are pieces of these artifacts. Either way, the explorer in me said YAASSSS!

Brad mentioned that we’ll know that’s Pantheon by just looking at screenshots or video by implementing Project Faerthale differentiators. Are there plans to show off the updated game at conventions this year?

• 839 posts
    February 21, 2019 3:50 PM PST
    I probably fell off the bandwagon of sending random supportive messages to VR as things got hectic in life with a big move in RL. But reading the Q&A reminds me of the value of these, so from the bottom of my heart and with all the enthusiasm that this game has created for me and the future of my MMO playing, thank you Brad and VR for the amazing work, you have already exceeded my expectations for what the game could be, thank you for following your passion and taking the leap to bring something amazing to the genre again. Raise a glass and cheers to the whole team and the fantastic community of followers
    • VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    February 21, 2019 5:32 PM PST

heLLena said:

Brad mentioned that we’ll know that’s Pantheon by just looking at screenshots or video by implementing Project Faerthale differentiators. Are there plans to show off the updated game at conventions this year?

Not sure yet but I'd love to -- they're a lot of fun!

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts

Hokanu said: I probably fell off the bandwagon of sending random supportive messages to VR as things got hectic in life with a big move in RL. But reading the Q&A reminds me of the value of these, so from the bottom of my heart and with all the enthusiasm that this game has created for me and the future of my MMO playing, thank you Brad and VR for the amazing work, you have already exceeded my expectations for what the game could be, thank you for following your passion and taking the leap to bring something amazing to the genre again. Raise a glass and cheers to the whole team and the fantastic community of followers

Thanks Hokanu!

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts

Barnum said:

Kilsin said:

I agree, Aradune should not be letting people know he has access to the Pre-Alpha. :p

oooops!

• 3852 posts
    February 21, 2019 5:50 PM PST

oooops!))

(Chuckles)

• 294 posts
    February 21, 2019 6:14 PM PST

Thanks again for another fine newsletter.

We appreciate the hard work and long hours going into this game.

• 287 posts
    February 21, 2019 7:37 PM PST
    We really appreciate your posting here Brad.
    • 145 posts
    February 21, 2019 10:46 PM PST

Just upped my pledge from Keeper to Pathfinder! Ready for Alpha when it releases. I'm in no hurry though. As someone who was crushed by Vanguard and it's rushed release I am happy to wait another couple of years if I have to as long as it's mostly finished when launched. Keep up the good work guys and hope to hear good things this year!

• 2138 posts
    February 22, 2019 9:33 AM PST

Yes this! (Taken from the interview in newsletter) "Of course everything shouldn’t just be handed to you with minimal effort on your part. Of course you shouldn’t be able to sit around and power level, bypassing all of the cool low- and mid-level content. "

I GET it, I wanted to go to rivervale when 10 before I got too old and things became trivial, because I wanted to see and experience and do whatever faction or small quests they had. But "they" said no, come with us to death places and you better keep up so that you become FAT with exp and you will like it "they" said.  But I wanted to see and learn and - take in the air, there- I think I'm leveling too fast. Dungeons are fine for angry frantic confidence where you can look back and say wow, we lived, but I also want balance with discovery and going places and also doing hard things in context or for a story reason. 

I wish I could partner more, lol 

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    February 22, 2019 12:12 PM PST

Manouk said:

Yes this! (Taken from the interview in newsletter) "Of course everything shouldn’t just be handed to you with minimal effort on your part. Of course you shouldn’t be able to sit around and power level, bypassing all of the cool low- and mid-level content. "

I GET it, I wanted to go to rivervale when 10 before I got too old and things became trivial, because I wanted to see and experience and do whatever faction or small quests they had. But "they" said no, come with us to death places and you better keep up so that you become FAT with exp and you will like it "they" said.  But I wanted to see and learn and - take in the air, there- I think I'm leveling too fast. Dungeons are fine for angry frantic confidence where you can look back and say wow, we lived, but I also want balance with discovery and going places and also doing hard things in context or for a story reason. 

Awesome post!  I've been there in other games and never lasted long.  The sense of accomplishment and pride was sucked from my soul.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    February 22, 2019 12:12 PM PST

bryanleo9 said: We really appreciate your posting here Brad.

my pleasure!

• 429 posts
    February 22, 2019 3:13 PM PST

Aradune said:

bryanleo9 said: We really appreciate your posting here Brad.

my pleasure!

I want to say , We the community those who have played experienced the games You yourself were involved with . It means a lot to have you reply to a  thread . To hear your thoughts (makes all of us more enlightened ) , So thank you for being more present :) 

• 470 posts
    February 22, 2019 4:55 PM PST

Aradune said:

Manouk said:

Awesome post!  I've been there in other games and never lasted long.  The sense of accomplishment and pride was sucked from my soul.

Reading this made me think of something. And it was this sentence, "I GET it, I wanted to go to rivervale when 10 before I got too old and things became trivial". I tried this once. Got some directions from a couple of halflings in the west commons. What those two failed to mention is what happened in Kithicor at night. lol Good times. Ya gotta do the next generation Kithicor, Brad. :)

• 1 posts
    February 22, 2019 7:41 PM PST

Thank you!!

• 178 posts
    February 23, 2019 3:28 AM PST

Just wanted to hop and say Kudos to Brad, 

I think we need more such threads where we can talk to Brad, show our appreciations and concerns, and get some answers and to know that he is here reading the nonsense that we post.

the newsletters are nice, but it is not the same.

Good Job!