Forums » Guild Recruitment

[Quixotic] EU Progression Guild

• 62 posts
    February 6, 2019 10:08 AM PST

Region: EU

Time zone: UTC 0 and +1

Lingua franca: English                                                                                                                                                                                  

Server: PvE

Main Goals: Competitive leveling/ AA and or gear farming/raiding.

Discord: https://discord.gg/NdQwkCR

Our roots and plans for the future

Quixotic is a Cross-platform/Cross-game Clan/Community, founded by us out of the wish to play in a highly competitive and progression-oriented environment, but without the drama and stress of most hardcore-oriented guilds which we all previously experienced in many guilds and in many other games we've played before. Most of us were or still are very experienced and progression-oriented raiders in many other previous MMO's, including experience on several World- or Server-first kills. (more details listed below)

Our approach in staying competitive and trying to get mentionable achievements like world-/server-firsts differs from other hardcore progression guilds in that we have no website, raid-calendars, dkp-systems or minimum joining- and participation-requirements, and we plan to keep it this way. Our philosophy is to create a strong bond because we share the same goals/interests and we always succeeded that way.

If I had to describe our guild with one Movie, I would choose Akira Kurosawa’s “The Seven Samurai”. We are a bunch of individuals who form a group to reach our goals. You can join or leave at any time; you can be just a random player or an active member, which is totally up to you. Some of us became real life friends as well and now play most other games together.

We believe that everybody is mature enough to understand how social group dynamics between people work in and out of a game. If there is some tension (and this will happen), we will provide help if needed.

Of course when it comes to raiding, there will be some rules everybody who wants to participate in our progression raids will have to follow.

Our focus prerelease will be to find likeminded people to play with in pre alpha, alpha and beta. In this phase, we will focus on dungeons and leveling-up/ AA farming strategies. After release, the first goal for our progression-oriented members will be to level as fast as possible (server firsts) and getting prepared for raids.

How often we will raid and which tools we will use is not decided yet (we need more information about raids, but it will be several times a week, probably 4 times +). The only thing for sure is that there will be no dkp-hoarding mechanics or other potentially abusable loot-systems in our guild. A definitive loot-system is still undecided, but we believe that everyone who participates in our raids should have a fair chance of obtaining loot. We know that there will be always some members who participate in our raids every day and contribute more to the guild overall, but thinking that this would entitle them to getting more loot and before others, only benefits the individual member, and not the guild itself.

Right now, we are a group of pre alpha, alpha and beta-subscribers.

If you are interested, please send me a pm  : ).

Last but not least ; ).

Some mentionable achievements of our current members from various other MMO's:

Age of Conan

Server first T1 Kylikki’s Crypt: Champion

Server first T2The Black Ring Citadel/Wing 1: Exorcant of the Gargoyle Master, Yaremka the Soul Eater, Sabazios the Insane

Server first T2 The Black Ring Citadel/Wing 2: Incubus & Succubus, Seruah, Chatha the Demon Lord (this one was a pain in the ass)

Server first fully Equipped T2 Classes: Bear Shaman, Assassin, Dark Templar

World first Iron Tower: Guardian (Hard Mode)

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Server first T1 Entirety Vault: Annihilation Droid XRR-3, Gharj, Ancient Pylons, Infernal Council, The Infernal One

World of Warcraft

Server first: Halazzi, Zul'Aman (TBC 2.3)

Server-second: Kael'thas, pre-nerf (TBC) and possibly some other Server-seconds or -firsts in Mount Hiyal & The Black Temple

Owner of "Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros" on Elysium (Vanilla-Server)

Have Fun

This post was edited by Ayren at May 21, 2019 5:50 AM PDT
    • 62 posts
    February 6, 2019 9:56 PM PST

Welcome to our newest member Euchale : )

• 62 posts
    February 7, 2019 9:48 PM PST

Welcome Nimryl  : )

• 62 posts
    February 10, 2019 10:36 PM PST

Welcome Revox : )

• 62 posts
    February 11, 2019 10:34 AM PST

Welcome to our newest member Extralarge ; ).

• 33 posts
    February 11, 2019 10:43 AM PST

Ayren said:

Welcome to our newest member Extralarge ; ).

Yay! Thanks for the great chat. Hopefully I'll be able to play soon with you.

Cheers

Extralarge

• 62 posts
    February 11, 2019 10:44 PM PST

Maybe in WoW classic : )

• 62 posts
    February 14, 2019 1:14 PM PST

Welcome to our newest member Nahutna.

• 33 posts
    February 15, 2019 4:45 AM PST

Welcome Nahutna!

• 62 posts
    February 27, 2019 1:25 AM PST

Welcome Doc Zed : )

• 33 posts
    February 28, 2019 9:57 PM PST

Welcome Doc!

• 62 posts
    March 2, 2019 2:30 AM PST

Welcome, to our newest member Orko : ).

• 33 posts
    March 2, 2019 8:36 AM PST
    Yepeee welcome Orko!
    • 62 posts
    May 4, 2019 12:22 AM PDT

Welcome to our newest member Delirium  ; ).

This post was edited by Ayren at May 4, 2019 12:22 AM PDT
    • 33 posts
    May 4, 2019 2:37 PM PDT
    Das welcome Delirium... You gonna be our booze officer?
    • 5 posts
    May 5, 2019 12:28 PM PDT

Extralarge said: Das welcome Delirium... You gonna be our booze officer?

Damn right I will ;)

• 62 posts
    May 6, 2019 1:07 AM PDT

Delirium said:

Extralarge said: Das welcome Delirium... You gonna be our booze officer?

Damn right I will ;)

Hmmm just 2 days in the guild and already more useful than one of its old captains ……..

I know when I am defeated....

Master of booze bring me some Guinness

• 62 posts
    May 14, 2019 12:25 AM PDT

Welcome, to our newest member criosist : )

• 62 posts
    May 15, 2019 10:57 PM PDT

Welcome, to our newest member Lagencie ; )

• 33 posts
    May 17, 2019 2:52 AM PDT

Welcome Criotist and Lagencie .... we are almost a zerg guild now :)

• 62 posts
    May 20, 2019 12:39 AM PDT

Welcome, to our newest member Alyssaヽ(ຈل͜ຈ)ノ

This post was edited by Ayren at May 20, 2019 12:41 AM PDT
    • 62 posts
    May 20, 2019 10:19 PM PDT

Welcome to our newest member Ashreon ヽ(ຈل͜ຈ)ノ

• 33 posts
    May 20, 2019 11:30 PM PDT

OMG more members!!!!! Welcome Alyssa and Ashreon.

• 62 posts
    May 20, 2019 11:46 PM PDT

Yeah our small family is growing slow and steady. We are already 15 happy members (points a gun at them and tell them to smile).

• 18 posts
    May 21, 2019 2:01 AM PDT

I guess being held at gun point I have no other option ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kidding aside, I'm happy to be here ( ᐛ )و