Forums » Pantheon Races

Playing with different races at launch

• 4 posts
    January 18, 2019 5:56 PM PST

My question is do we know if you are able to play with someone that is a different alignment early in game? i know you can change your alignment over time with actions in game but i mean scrictly fromcharacter creation. Like a Gnome groupingup with a skar and Dark Myr.  i read the FAQ's but there wasnt any direct awnser for this scenario. 

Thank you for your time! 

• 379 posts
    January 18, 2019 9:54 PM PST

Yes you can, but you will be in different starting locations. Also, you won't be able to go into each other's cities (if opposing factions) at the start.

So if you make a Skar Shaman and your friend makes a Human Warrior, you can form a group right off the bat but you will be on different continents geographically. So one of you will have to make the run/boat ride.

This post was edited by Fragile at January 19, 2019 12:48 AM PST
    • 4 posts
    January 19, 2019 6:30 AM PST
    Okay, awesome! Thank you for the reply! It was just something that came up with my group of friends. Most of us want to be Skar or Mark Myr, but then we have that one person who wants to be a gnome. Thank you again!
    • 1479 posts
    January 19, 2019 6:51 AM PST

Babyspice said: Okay, awesome! Thank you for the reply! It was just something that came up with my group of friends. Most of us want to be Skar or Mark Myr, but then we have that one person who wants to be a gnome. Thank you again!

Unfortunately gnomes have no flesh at all in pantheon, and thus will make a poor lunch for your party.

• 193 posts
    March 22, 2019 1:28 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Babyspice said: Okay, awesome! Thank you for the reply! It was just something that came up with my group of friends. Most of us want to be Skar or Mark Myr, but then we have that one person who wants to be a gnome. Thank you again!

Unfortunately gnomes have no flesh at all in pantheon, and thus will make a poor lunch for your party.

Well, maybe not a good lunch, but perhaps a refreshing summer drink?

• 945 posts
    March 29, 2019 6:57 AM PDT

I wouldn't expect too much alignment diversity in the first few months of release.  You may see good aligned races grouping together, but you likely wont see good and evil aligned races grouping together for several months.  This was punishing in EQ1 for a long time if you were an evil race (there were no paladins, bards, druids or rangers in your group for a very very very long time... it wasn't until Velious that I started to group with "light" races really... and that was when I realized how easy the good aligned (light) races had it when it came to grouping and traversing the world).  I'll not be playing the underdog again this time around; the races and classes will not be equal or treated equally - choose your race/class wisely.

To answer the O.P. directly, you will be able to group with different "races" at "launch" (halfling, human, elf, gnome, dwarf, archai   OR   Dark Myr, Ogre, Skar), but likely NOT opposing factions "at launch" due to the added difficulty of navigating unknown areas that are KoS to some and not others and having to "bind" in lethal areas, on top of trying to form a group.  (We only saw Iksar outside of Kunark early in EQ1 because they had help from high level/well established players.. and even then, life sucked for them for a very long time - Want to use a vendor?  Better have a Druid in your pocket.  Want to use a bank?  Better be able to FD.)  i.e. don't expect to see a Paladin or Ranger in your group for a long time if you are evil aligned... at least there are evil Bards and Druids this time.

• 4 posts
    March 30, 2019 5:59 PM PDT
    Thank you, Darch. That helps me a lot! I'll definitely be trying to get my group to decide on an alignment! Thank you again!
    • 46 posts
    April 1, 2019 10:02 AM PDT

My understanding of the racial alignments was more 3 fold than 2. Rather than 6 good vs 3 evil, I thought I remember reading there were 3 each, of the "good", "neutral", and "evil" (quotes due to those alignments can be somewhat subjective), and that they were divided by continent.

Assuming that is true and still relivent; I would expect the good and neutral to be able to visit each other's areas, and the evil and neutral to visit each other's areas also, just the good and evil couldn't crosss zone without worring about KOS until they did enough to raise their local reputation.

As long as you aren't visiting NPC's the good and evil players shouldn't have any trouble grouping together.